• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bowl Tickets

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

Rezz,

OK, we get the point, I nor DMince know you.  Thanks for clearing that up.  However, you made a post that I did not like so I decided to defend the actions of the hard working people in Athletics/Bulls Club.  You chose to complain about them.  I am happy that you now have your tickets.  

Go Bulls

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  894
  • Days Won:  0

Looks like late struggles plus the long weekend in Ybor resulted in these numbers from http://www.sptimes.com/2005/12/21/Sports/Storm_pushes_along_QB.shtml

'USF has sold about 4,800 tickets for its bowl and expects to top 5,000 before the team leaves for Charlotte on Tuesday. It's well short of the 10,000 or so the bowl's executive director, Will Webb, had hoped for from the Bulls, but it's also on par with what Boston College, last year's Big East participant, sold. Webb said Boston College sold "just north of 5,000 tickets," with the rest of its allotment returned and donated to local charities.

Wow......I take a couple of things from this:

1. Obviously Mr. Webb doesn't have a great grasp on our program if he expected us to travel 10,000 to this game. I will not beat the dead horse of home game attendance, but to look at those numbers and think we would travel 10,000 is essentially setting yourself up for disappointment.

2. This is a bowl that wanted to take UConn over us because they traveled 5000 to their bowl game last year and a "high-profile" school in BC only traveled 5000 to this bowl last year, so I don't think we should have anything to be ashamed of with the number we are bringing up there.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

Yes and we will be making quite a bit of noise!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,650
  • Days Won:  6

Good news is that the 5,000 there will be the die hard fans traveling more than a couple hour drive.  We will make some very noticeable noise.  It will be a very respectable showing.

UConn actually sold 6000 last year.  The Huskies also backed out of a dinner last year in Detroit.  If the Bulls had played there, no guarantee for experience.