Bowl Tickets

Jewbull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Actually I called and ordered my tickets and requested they be mailed to me, but they were also marked pickup.  Glad Vicki was around to help.  Thanks Vicki.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matt

• Dmince

• USFGriff

• T-Man

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

yes it is very clear that Vicki is the MVP of these obvious screw up.  i guess when there is a problem you arent allowed to say something because then you are a whining complainer.

THANK YOU VICKI!!!

picked my tickets up today after 4 days of anxiously opening my mailbox and my tickets are GREAT.

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  401

i had no problem with the website myself

congrats.

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  401

funny quip there buddy

do i know you?  

i didnt think so.

From http://bulls.tbo.com/bulls/MGBRGKI2HHE.html

USF has sold 4,800 tickets for the Meineke Car Care Bowl, assistant AD John Gerdes said Tuesday.

Of that amount 1,500 are for USF's support staff, players and band comp tickets that the school is required to purchase as part of its 12,500 ticket allotment for the Meineke Car Care Bowl.

N.C. State had sold 21,000 tickets as of Monday night, a NCSU spokesman said.

By adding a home-and-home series with Kansas, the University of South Florida's 2008 game at Florida has been moved back to 2011, UF athletic director Jeremy Foley said.

USF and UF originally were scheduled to play in 2008 and 2009. The two-game series now will be played Sept. 5, 2009, and Sept. 10, 2011. Both games will be in Gainesville.

USF was scheduled to visit UF Sept. 13, 2008, but instead USF will host Kansas on that date.

If USF's Jim Leavitt and UF's Urban Meyer both are still at their respective schools, it will be their second meeting as head coaches. In 2002, USF defeated Meyer's Bowling Green club 29-7.

ODDS AND ENDS: Glades Central RB Aston Samuels, who committed Monday to USF, also had a scholarship offer from Ohio State. ... Although listed as doubtful, Bulls WR Johnny Peyton said Tuesday he "will definitely play" in the bowl. ... ESPN2's broadcast crew for the Meineke Car Care Bowl will be Eric Collins, Andre Ware and Heather Mitts (first reported by me from Charlotte Observer).

Looks like late struggles plus the long weekend in Ybor resulted in these numbers from http://www.sptimes.com/2005/12/21/Sports/Storm_pushes_along_QB.shtml

'USF has sold about 4,800 tickets for its bowl and expects to top 5,000 before the team leaves for Charlotte on Tuesday. It's well short of the 10,000 or so the bowl's executive director, Will Webb, had hoped for from the Bulls, but it's also on par with what Boston College, last year's Big East participant, sold. Webb said Boston College sold "just north of 5,000 tickets," with the rest of its allotment returned and donated to local charities.

If freshman quarterback Carlton Hill plays, and plays well, for the Bulls in next week's Meineke Car Care Bowl, fans can thank Hurricane Wilma.

Hill's development got a major boost at midseason when the storm gave the Bulls an awkward stretch of three weeks between games, a break that sparked the freshman's recent emergence.

"That was a major part of it," Hill said. "The hurricane gave me more time in practice, gave me time to get better. The key was when I left receiver and started focusing mainly at quarterback. I started picking things up real well."

Hill's stint at receiver was intended to utilize his speed, but he caught only three passes for 19 yards. Since moving exclusively to quarterback, he has practiced and played with a greater confidence, focus and understanding.

"I made up my mind that I'm a quarterback, and whatever I have to learn, I'm going to do it and be successful," Hill said.

He saw his first significant playing time in USF's Dec. 3 loss to West Virginia, rushing for 50 yards and throwing for 98 yards on 10-of-21 passing. Coach Jim Leavitt said he hasn't decided how he'll use Hill and junior Pat Julmiste, who has started the past 10 games, but Hill expects to play.

"I think both of us will play in this game," said Hill, who also showed his athleticism with a 47-yard run in the Bulls' win against Cincinnati. "I don't know how soon I'll play, but I believe we'll share time at the position."

USF's bowl opponent, N.C. State, is familiar to Hill, who had the Wolfpack among his final four schools and took an official visit to the Raleigh campus. Come Dec. 31, they'll be just another opponent.

"I'm happy where I am," Hill said. "When we play any team, I'm ready, excuse my language, to kick (butt). I just want to play ball and win."'

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Content Count:  19,804
  • Days Won:  213

that UF game getting moved is the more significant news item there imo

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

that UF game getting moved is the more significant news item there imo

i agree. 1 more year of recruiting "bcs recruits".....this can only be a good thing.

the only thing that sucks is i have to wait one more year to talk crap to gator fans... :-X