• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Subject of Where everyone works

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1
  • Days Won:  0

This is Alex Herron. As a few of you may know, I had a chance to play with South Florida from 2000-2004. It is has been a great season in my opinion. I have had a chance to make it to a few of the road games and also watched many of the games from a few bars with other USF fans as well. I know we had a chance to do some more special things in this season, but it is still further than what I was ever able to accomplish in my career at USF. Going to a bowl game is one of the major goals year in and year out and it was something that left an empty feeling after every season. SO on that note Congrats to the Bulls for that. I

After graduation I came up to New York City to explore new opportunities and has been great ever since. Currenly I am working for a great firm that specializes in placing IT professionals (Software Developers) I was amazed at how many people are in that field and I saw that a few of you work for some firms that are up here in New York City. I was wondering if you could help a BULL out and let me know who some of the developers and IT Directors that are up here. (Nielson and NG and More)

I WILL be in Charlotte and looking forward to seeing a BIG crowd. Let me know where everyone is going to be hangin out and SHERIFF I better be seeing you there as well.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

Great to see a former player here.  I hope everything works out for you and hopefully will meet you in Charlotte.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

good luck on the job front

apply the same principles on the football field to your work and you will excel.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Alex,

Thanx for registering ... it's great to have players on this board with their insight.

Best of luck on the job search, sure many can help out with pointers and leads to help a BULL.

Hope to see you in Charlotte and THANX for becoming a BULL.

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  242

Alex;

Best of luck to you.  I always pulled for you because it was great to see someone from New Smyrna Beach do well.  Both my parents were born and raised there and my dad played football for the 'Cudas back in the 50's.  Its a great, small beach town.

Wish you continued success.

"Go Bulls"

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  226

Good luck with your job Alex.  I just started working for NG so I don't know anyone outside of Melbourne.  I can try and find some IT directors from the Beth Page, NY on Monday.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Hey man, stick around. We'd love to hear your opinions on some of the topics relating to the football team and coaching staff, i.e.: Rod Smith and Jim Leavitt.

It's good to have some "inside" perspective...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Alex,

Welcome to the Board.  Thanks for giving Bulls fans so many good years.

I can not help with the IT Directors question, but I wanted to chime in and welcome you.  

The Sheriff will be there, as a matter of fact, I've been studying the bail bondsman line of work just in case.

We'll have quite a contingent of board members in Charlotte - it would be great for you to join us at a place to be determined.  When we decide on our meeting place, it will be posted on the Bowl Arrangements board.

Again, welcome aboard.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Alex:

From my limited knowledge of the NY offices of Nielsen, all IT and development work is done at the global technology center in Oldsmar.  New York is the home of the corporate offices, marketing, communications, PR, etc.  But all the dirty work is done down here in Florida in Oldsmar.

Matt

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Grew up in NYC.  No better place in the world.  Enjoy it.  It's a far cry from Florida.