• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

Have to give mad props to most of them ... I still think there was something going on for the Rice game that severely cut their attendance ... they showed out great.

Did have a WTF moment heading into the stadium. Got there after game started and was walking through where a bunch of students had parked and there were probably hundreds still out there partying, which I'm sure happens in a lot of places. What I'm also sure doesn't happen in a lot of places is that there was a group with a speaker blasting the ******* FSU war chant and loudly chanting along with it. Would that happen with an ocs? Who the **** knows but I'm glad we're going to find out. Thoughts on the ocs effect on the other in-state school allegiances we've been dealing with since our inception? I do realize that conference affiliation will still affect but we still had those traitors during our BE days.

And this isn't a thread to ***** about the game, the coach, the VPofA, spending money on an ocs ... plenty of threads for that.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Students and fans showed up and team crapped bed. Support is pretty good in stadium....people are desperate to watch good football. 

Afraid next home game will look drastically different. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Next home game is Temple.  Same day as FSU/Miami game.  I'm sure it will be a ghost town

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,073
  • Days Won:  469

13 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

people are desperate to watch good football. 

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,170
  • Days Won:  56

It is a positive that, after all the losing, with just a glimmer of hope, people turned out. That has to bode well when it comes to realignment. Leagues should realize that a successful USF program is a legit investment. Announced attendance of 36,670 for a game against FAU with a team that has been down for half a decade should actually be an eye-opener.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Dave_Glaser said:

It is a positive that, after all the losing, with just a glimmer of hope, people turned out. That has to bode well when it comes to realignment. Leagues should realize that a successful USF program is a legit investment. Announced attendance of 36,670 for a game against FAU with a team that has been down for half a decade should actually be an eye-opener.

You would think, but I doubt it! 

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,170
  • Days Won:  56

Just now, Ten Toed Sloth said:

You would think, but I doubt it! 

Right. It only matters if we start to look like a legit D1 program.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

Better crowd than I anticipated. Said 14k, think it might have been in the 18-20k range. That said, there wasn’t much to cheer about so it felt dead-ish for most of the game. 

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  692
  • Days Won:  1

20 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Absolutely excellent assessment. Fans showed, students showed AND stayed way longer than expected during a blowout. Only issue is the on field product to make it consistent.

This city is absolutely ready to blow like it did during the '07 season.

Just look at all they hype the team received after only beating rice and navy. Huge investment opportunity we simply need to stop ******** the bed.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,483
  • Days Won:  43

29 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Good points.  Hopefully USF returns with at 4 wins home against Temple.