• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

the transfer portal

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, 00Bull said:

Not sure it’s all that ridiculous when my outcome is based on the recent actual history of USF (and numerous colleges around the country, many/most of which didn’t have coaching changes) while your outcome is based on “hopefully”.

BREAKING NEWS: We're not going 1-11 and changing coaches after this year ....

Edited by Triple B
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

36 minutes ago, Triple B said:

BREAKING NEWS: We're not going 1-11 and changing coaches after this year ....

And since those were definitely the top 2 reasons (record and coach turnover) everyone left, not NIL money and/or better NFL exposure, then the problem is solved. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

15 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

And since those were definitely the top 2 reasons (record and coach turnover) everyone left, not NIL money and/or better NFL exposure, then the problem is solved. 

you really need to get over the whole transfer player thing. It happens to all programs. Big and small.

Jalen Hurts played for alabama and Oklahoma. Joe Burrow played for LSU and Ohio State. Russel Wilson played for NC State and Wisconsin. Michael Penix played at Indiana and washington. Bo Nix played at auburn and oregon. Jordan travis played at louisville and FSU. Hendon hooker played at Va Tech and tennessee.

You could go on and on. Good players leave good programs too.

45 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

you really need to get over the whole transfer player thing. It happens to all programs. Big and small.

Jalen Hurts played for alabama and Oklahoma. Joe Burrow played for LSU and Ohio State. Russel Wilson played for NC State and Wisconsin. Michael Penix played at Indiana and washington. Bo Nix played at auburn and oregon. Jordan travis played at louisville and FSU. Hendon hooker played at Va Tech and tennessee.

You could go on and on. Good players leave good programs too.

I’m responding to the folks who think last years transfer loses were an anomaly because of CJS. You seem to be making my argument, good players will leave for better opportunities. 

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  2,980
  • Days Won:  2

Some rule changes that will affect the transfer portal immensely:

WWW.ESPN.COM

The NCAA Division I Council approved changes to the transfer portal windows that will shrink the number of days for student-athletes to enter their name in the portal.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

22 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

I’m responding to the folks who think last years transfer loses were an anomaly because of CJS. You seem to be making my argument, good players will leave for better opportunities. 

I think people realize players leave for all sorts of reasons.

for some reason you think we will just be picked clean every year.

we will absolutely lose players(just as every program in the country does) but the transfer portal will benefit programs like ours far more than it will hurt us.

Programs will be far more competitively balanced. We will have more depth and the bottom of our roster will be improved.

OU didn't shut down their program when they lost Caleb Williams.

ucf lost their qb to Oklahoma. They replaced him with a transfer from ole miss. their scoring average went up by a point per game.

Edited by Bull94

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

I have no faith in the critical thinking skills of Dennis Dodd, but I'll take the word of Nicole.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

4 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

His "son" who was part of a reality TV show as a kid and was already a celebrity prior to college. 

I guess if you have the Oprah Network on your Favorites channel list.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

40 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

It’s an anomaly in regards to USF until it’s not ….  

6 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

I think people realize players leave for all sorts of reasons.

for some reason you think we will just be picked clean every year.

we will absolutely lose players(just as every program in the country does) but the transfer portal will benefit programs like ours far more than it will hurt us.

Programs will be far more competitively balanced. We will have more depth and the bottom of our roster will be improved.

OU didn't shut down their program when they lost Caleb Williams.

ucf lost their qb to Oklahoma. They replaced him with a transfer from ole miss. their scoring average went up by a point per game.

Yes, that reason is more money and better exposure. Nearly all of the examples you are giving are players transferring amongst power schools. Do that same exercise for great players who transferred from a P4/5 to a G5. 

This system is an upside down funnel, the lower you are in conference/money/brand/whatever, the more opportunities above you players will have as better options. If you are a top 20 school, why bother even trying to recruit anyone other than the best of best high schoolers when you simply can acquire already developed/proven talent by offering…wait for it…more money and more exposure.