• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

the transfer portal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,568
  • Days Won:  28

48 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

We will know in the next 6-8 months but add me to that list of fans. Except for Brown, USF lost every impact offensive player on a 1-11 team despite those players knowing a highly regarded offensive coach from a top ranked P5 school was being brought in. Unless a school has deep NIL pockets, being at the top-ish of the G5 is likely going to be result in “call ups” of your best players who are replaced by 2nd/3rd chance type of players from other schools. 

If I'm going to start over with a new coach I rather roll with Prime. Deion Sanders is a legend and a celebrity. I don't think he needed to rely on money as hard as you guys make it sound to be.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

10 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

Not sure it’s all that ridiculous when my outcome is based on the recent actual history of USF (and numerous colleges around the country, many/most of which didn’t have coaching changes) while your outcome is based on “hopefully”.

the portal is better for schools like us. it will make college football rosters more competitively balanced.

sure we will lose some better players(I bet you see the top schools lose far more talent than we do) but we can replace our lower end players with much better transfers.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,578
  • Days Won:  3

5 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

the portal is better for schools like us. it will make college football rosters more competitively balanced.

sure we will lose some better players(I bet you see the top schools lose far more talent than we do) but we can replace our lower end players with much better transfers.

We should just pull an Oregon St/wash St and tell the recruits we are moving up to the B1G in the future.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Except it isn't what is happening all around the country.  See the list previously posted of QB transfers

Making a general comment about players but not sure why QB would be immune. Last year with limited playing time, BB would have been a prospect to other schools at most. If he continues to ball out the rest of the year, he will absolutely be getting offers and likely (if he’s not already) will have to be USFs highest NIL paid athlete to have any hope of keeping him. What player is going to stay at a G5 school and forego (1) money and/or (2) exposure if they have NFL hopes. This is the new normal.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,578
  • Days Won:  3

9 hours ago, BULLSHTR said:

Really? Sounds like Kevin from the office doing the trick with less words.

Season 8 Nbc GIF by The Office

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Exactly. Freakin Jacksonville State beat FSU a few years ago thanks to a portal QB. We are going to see a lot more upsets in CFB b/c the talent is getting better distributed. The big schools will still get the best talent, but the days of stockpiling 4/5-star talent and sitting on the bench for their whole career are over. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

22 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

If I'm going to start over with a new coach I rather roll with Prime. Deion Sanders is a legend and a celebrity. I don't think he needed to rely on money as hard as you guys make it sound to be.

His son is at $4.5 million NIL

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

23 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Don’t disagree with you and perhaps it wasn’t money straight up, but NFL exposure of a P5 now P4 school over a G5 school (as you are mentioning) also ends in the same outcome.

13 minutes ago, Brad said:

His son is at $4.5 million NIL

His "son" who was part of a reality TV show as a kid and was already a celebrity prior to college. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

Seth Meyers Whatever GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Haha 1