• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wide Receivers Question

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

OK, here is as good a spot as any for my post-mortem...

First, sorry gents, but the best of the best in women is taken. My wife and I had dinner reservations and a baby sitter Saturday evening... timed up well with the game with the exception of the weather delay. Not many women out there that would be 100% OK with hubby watching a football game on his phone at a $150 dinner for 2 on a much needed night out without the kiddos, but she was amazing. She also said that we could change up and go to ale house or somewhere else with the game on TV instead of our nicer place, but I declined that.

Anyway... I am convinced that our WRs have probably cost us both losses this year. We all see the QB play and QBs have a lot of pressure at all times, but the number of drops and inability of our WRs to make a big play is an absolute killer. Based on their play, I can't be convinced that they are even running the right routes at this point, much less in sync with their QB. Let's not be too hard on BB until we get some competence at the WR position. Couldn't tell from the awful camera angles, but didn't the announcers say that Brown dropped a perfect pass in right before the half that would have been a TD? There were other drops, there was another deep ball that looked long, but the receiver needs to leave his feet and try to make a play. Everyone wants to say "QB this or QB that" for the entire existence of our program, we have gone there, but there are 10 other guys on offense that have chances to make plays, catch a contested ball, make a defender miss a tackle, etc.

I firmly believe the BB would look better with Horn and Weaver and we likely would have won at least the WKU game and maybe this one. 

In any event, I need that defensive effort 9 more times this year, if they keep playing like that, we'll be bowling.

• Upvote 2