• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

In Stadium Play by Play

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,413
  • Days Won:  25

11 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Pretty cool that CAG already seems to have more control over how things are run compared to the previous coaching staffs.

I am not sure if it is control but he is more of serious  about winning by using any advantage he can get . I believe that is called gamesmanship. He could also be a big nothing burger. In reality any coach is going to watch tape before they play you and break it down regardless if the announcer is calling play by play. It could be a slight advantage in the stadium but I really don't think it is.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

23 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I am not sure if it is control but he is more of serious  about winning by using any advantage he can get . I believe that is called gamesmanship. He could also be a big nothing burger. In reality any coach is going to watch tape before they play you and break it down regardless if the announcer is calling play by play. It could be a slight advantage in the stadium but I really don't think it is.

The advantage is there no additional noise to distract the players.  That is why he said no noise when USF is on offense.

There was even an email that was sent to STH that included that notation.

• Like 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

25 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

The advantage is there no additional noise to distract the players.  That is why he said no noise when USF is on offense.

There was even an email that was sent to STH that included that notation.

Keep losing and we won't have any fans to worry about at the games.  I guess we can send emails to opposing teams fans and ask them to be quiet while we are on offense.   

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

Just now, olafberserker said:

Keep losing and we won't have any fans to worry about at the games.  I guess we can send emails to opposing teams fans and ask them to be quiet while we are on offense.   

Why the negativity? We won.

Now, we're gonna lose this weekend... but the rest of the home games are ALL winnable.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  3

On 9/9/2023 at 7:57 PM, bowman1 said:

I arrived half way thru the first half - what happened to the in-stadium play by play?

Also, almost no video replays?

What killed me during the game was the stadium camera man showing the fans and some other unrelated stuff while a play was going on on the other side of the field. I swear the Jumbotron operator was drunk af.