• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Headlines on Tix sale from NCSTATE

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

i was reading some of the posts on NCStates board and some of their fans have actually bought tickets thru USF so they have a better chance at good seats.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a major office in Charlotte and I have asked them if there is any buzz about the bowl.  Basically, most of them still though it was called the Carquest Bowl and had no idea who was even playing in it.  These are college football guys who live in Charlotte.

The Carquest was purchased by Orlando's Florida Citrus Bowl (www.fcsports.com).  Charlotte is a separate new game run by the same Raycom company.  5000 isn't a bad number.  I think they'll get to 7500 in two weeks.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  29

the only thing i'm worry about is being surrounded by rude NC fans (i'm in section 111 -NC side)....Miami was rough and I hope NC fans are more relaxed

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,730
  • Days Won:  425

the only thing i'm worry about is being surrounded by rude NC fans (i'm in section 111 -NC side)....Miami was rough and I hope NC fans are more relaxed

You didn't buy through the school?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  29

You didn't buy through the school?

nope, like i said before i was in such a hurry to get them on sunday night (i wouldn't have been able to get them from school until around thursday) from ticketmaster.

:-[

either way i'll be close enough where i can yell at the NC players... :-X

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

I would imagine the hoteliers in Charlotte were about as enthusiastic about NCSU going to the CarCare as were Tampa folks about UF.

Charlotte is within driving range of NCSU so it works out well for the bowl to go with a team that could occupy some seats (USF being an unknown commodity).

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

nope, like i said before i was in such a hurry to get them on sunday night (i wouldn't have been able to get them from school until around thursday) from ticketmaster.

:-[

/quote]

are you joking?

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

you wouldnt GET the tickets until thursday but you would still have the same priority as if you bought them at the same time...

in fact...thru USF your seats would be better.

have fun.

With the University of South Florida's first bowl game less than three weeks away, the Bulls have sold 4,200 tickets, USF assistant AD John Gerdes said.

Of USF's 4,200 tickets, 1,500 are for USF's support staff, players and band comp tickets that the school is required to purchase as part of its 12,500 ticket allotment for the Meineke Car Care Bowl.

The Raleigh (N.C.) News and Observer reported Tuesday that N.C. State already had exceeded its required ticket allotment and had sold approximately 13,500 tickets. The News and Observer also reported USF, according to an associate AD, had sold about 5,000 tickets. However, Gerdes said the actual number was 4,200 as of Tuesday.

THEY'RE BACK: USF returned to practice for the first time Tuesday in preparation for its bowl game with N.C. State, but it wasn't much of a practice. With the majority of USF's coaches in South Florida recruiting, the Bulls went through conditioning drills.

Coach Jim Leavitt even participated, running 16 100-yard sprints with the offensive linemen.

USF's assistants are expected back today, and the Bulls will work in full pads for the first time in two weeks.

ODDS AND ENDS: USF will air a special one-hour pregame show for the Meineke Car Care Bowl beginning at 10 a.m. Dec. 31 on WFLA, 970 AM. ... Among the players Leavitt said he'll take a look at another position is freshman DE George Selvie at center.

http://bulls.tbo.com/bulls/MGB578M27HE.html

Halfway toward the goal of 7500.  Rutgers coach Greg Schiano mentioned on his radio gig that the Knights have sold that many and anticipate 10000 in a 45000-seat baseball park.  I also predicted both the Knights and Bulls in an office pool.