• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

why do you carry 4 qbs and only use one

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Oddly, all those WRs from last year are gone and he has a whole new group.  I wonder if he suddenly got terrible or if there might be a different reason?  In my opinion, I think it might take some time to get the WR room situated.

Well at the end of last season Weaver wasn't playing so really he only lost Horn and he was getting like 3 catches a game.  

Hopefully we see soon Yusef Terry and Michael Brown Stephen  at receiver...that would have to help this group out.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,368
  • Days Won:  5

8 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Oddly, all those WRs from last year are gone and he has a whole new group.  I wonder if he suddenly got terrible or if there might be a different reason?  In my opinion, I think it might take some time to get the WR room situated.

True, CAG even mentioned in the presser about guys getting open.  As for last year, he was real good against Tulsa (real bad defense) and just ok against ucf (better defense).   There was a lot of hype about the kid in the offseason from some folks around here.   Jury is still out, but he's also still young.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

7 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Well at the end of last season Weaver wasn't playing so really he only lost Horn and he was getting like 3 catches a game.  

Hopefully we see soon Yusef Terry and Michael Brown Stephen  at receiver...that would have to help this group out.

I did not see Dollison on the field yesterday either.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

4 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

True, CAG even mentioned in the presser about guys getting open.  As for last year, he was real good against Tulsa (real bad defense) and just ok against ucf (better defense).   There was a lot of hype about the kid in the offseason from some folks around here.   Jury is still out, but he's also still young.

He is not even 19 years old yet, crazy as that sounds.  At this age, QF was a miserable failure.  Brown may or may not be "HIM", but he has a ton of poise and a lot of talent given his very young age IMO.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,919
  • Days Won:  33

6 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

I did not see Dollison on the field yesterday either.

He transferred to James Madison.

Edited by John Lewis

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,368
  • Days Won:  5

32 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

He is not even 19 years old yet, crazy as that sounds.  At this age, QF was a miserable failure.  Brown may or may not be "HIM", but he has a ton of poise and a lot of talent given his very young age IMO.

Agreed which is why I am not (and nobody should be) making any final judgements

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

On 9/3/2023 at 6:27 PM, Who'sYourData? said:

i didnt see the poise you talk about

he held the ball way to long 

and the ints!!!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

cag like scott is suppose to be a great offensive guru

i want to see the greatness next week

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

On 9/3/2023 at 9:27 PM, Who'sYourData? said:

Yep. Through his first 3 starts, Brown is doing better than Grothe, Daniels, and Flowers at the same points during their careers. The funny thing is, in all 3 cases, the third game was statistically the worst of the first three starts, from a QB rating standpoint (83.1, 92.1, 99.3, 86.0 respectively for the aforementioned players) so this isn't unprecedented. This is also BBs first game in the new system.

There's no reason to pull the plug on him, yet. We've already done the approach of switching QBs every week or benching one every time the game doesn't go our way. Then the complaints start rolling in that QB by Committee doesn't work. We've got to trust the coach to do their thing and set your expectations way low for this season. CAG has a lot of work to do to implement his system and fix CJS' mess.

I'll say it over and over again: expecting to win this game was too much. We wouldn't have beaten this team last year, why would one offseason make that much of a difference? This was a 9-win team contending for a conference title with a QB on award watch lists. We lost a handful of talent to the portal, and brought some in so the team is still trying to gel in a new system. We're a one win team with a brand new first-time coach. This isn't Tom Herman taking over a 5-win FAU team or Deion Sanders taking over a Big 12 team where 5 star recruits are falling over themselves to play for him. No coach in USF history has ever improved the team in Year 1 from their predecessor. Heck, outside of Jim Leavitt and Willie Taggart, no coach has ever improved the team, period.

Cmp Att Pct Yds TD Int Rate Att Yds Avg TD
Brown 49 79 62.0% 546 5 3 133.4 52 345 6.6 5
Daniels 35 73 47.9% 631 5 4 132.2 49 232 4.7 1
Grothe 53 91 58.2% 672 4 5 123.8 55 221 4.0 1
Flowers 34 59 57.6% 326 5 3 121.8 45 186 4.1 2
Edited by TheUpperHand
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1