• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let's Look at the Positive

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

6 hours ago, Bullcocky said:

Usf being a big time college football program was a big reason why I chose it over some other schools. I'm still glad that I went there, but I do wish that I could still have that big time college football experience from my alma mater.

It will come.  We had it once, and this team and University will be back.   Look at FSU, they have been through down periods.   UF looks like they are going through one now.  We know that UCiF has had two seasons with no wins.   Oh, UofM had had their shares of downs.  

I have been around long enough to know that to create a great team it takes special players and sometimes that is luck and sometimes it is coaching skills to get them.   It takes coaches that are passionate and want the team to succeed.  Then it is the leadership in the Athletic dept. and University.  We have that leadership component now.   Now sit back and let coach G and team do the work.  

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

We hired new athletic department leadership? This is great news!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

23 hours ago, Rizman said:

It will come.  We had it once, and this team and University will be back.   Look at FSU, they have been through down periods.   UF looks like they are going through one now.  We know that UCiF has had two seasons with no wins.   Oh, UofM had had their shares of downs

While success and lack thereof appear to be cyclical, I see no basis to compare the situations of FSU, UF or even Miami to USF's current circumstances, particularly in the current world of college football.  UCF is maybe a little closer to a relevant comparison. 

USF now faces a much tougher uphill climb to any major success.  I hope they are up to it but would not be shocked if I don't live to see it.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

2 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

USF now faces a much tougher uphill climb to any major success.  I hope they are up to it but would not be shocked if I don't live to see it.

It just requires being unrelenting and throwing money at the right coaches to retain similar to Tulane (hoping these).

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

6 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

It just requires being unrelenting and throwing money at the right coaches to retain similar to Tulane (hoping these).

Rocky nailed it.  Stay focused, stay in the game and do not let up.   Sliver Bull, you are part of the solution.  Do not let them give in or cut corners.  Hold them accountable and bust their chops (b_lls).