• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tickets Sold

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Do we know how many tickets have been sold through the first week?  I hope we're not still on 2,000.  Where are all of the season ticket holders??

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

Where are all of the season ticket holders...

We only have 3,500 season ticket holder accounts (using +/- 15K seats).

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

We only have 3,500 season ticket holder accounts (using +/- 15K seats).

that number might actually be a bit understated. While it is true there is only 3,500 "official" season ticket holders, I'm sure quite a few of those 15,000 season tickets are held by groups all pitching in with only 1 name on the official books. The "unofficial" number of ticket holders may be quite a bit higher.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

I was differentiating between "season ticket holder" (account) and "season ticket" (15K seats sold).  Basically there's 3,500 names on the mailing list for season ticket holders with accounts holding from 1 to x number of seats.

It may be that a corporate account holding 20-seats could spring for, say a block of 100 seats, just for the bowl...though  I doubt it.

This is the sort of thing that folks are interested in. I know a certain amount of tix will be sold and not used , but still it's fun to guesstimate about how many butts will be in seats.

Hopefully...for those who have never done it before...this will inspire them to make a few road trips next fall.

I think a decent target would be 7500 -- enough to beat UConn (6000), BC (5000), and Ga Tech (6500) last year; and Pitt two years ago (less than 5000).

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I think a decent target would be 7500 -- enough to beat UConn (6000), BC (5000), and Ga Tech (6500) last year; and Pitt two years ago (less than 5000).

That would be amazing for a program in its first year.

I'll still be very pleasantly surprised if we eclipse 4,000.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Same Faza 4-5k would be great!

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  161
  • Days Won:  0

The supreme importance  of our (USF's)attendance at this first bowl game cannot be overstated. I don't know if or where any reliable final numbers will be published.

The bowl sponsors and Big East will know exactly how many tix of USF's allotment were sold. These ticket purchases besides maybe a couple hundred from this board will include season ticket holders (and their freinds and relatives) and local corporate sponsors.

I really think (know) there are more ticket buyers than there are ticket users. Remember the 1500 sales the first 2 days. These are people serious about attending the game. They made travel arrangements and got hotels reservations early before they all gone.

There will be a certain number a tickets sold by USF from our allotment to "sponsors" and "donors" who won't (can't)use them because they, their people and friends (a) have no interest; (B) other holiday plans or © can't find available hotel space in Charlotte

The USF ticket people are not anxious to let us know what the numbers are. The initial 1500 tells the whole story in my opinion. I think we'll less than 5000 in ultimate sales and less than 3500 in attendance.