• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Was anyone else disappointed w/football team?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

and CEE, corporate america is mostly what funds our little program and all of the BCS and college football in itself.  So before we say screw you, maybe we should find some "thugs" to pay for the sport we all enjoy, since that is all you think our players relate too.

It is also the entire point to college. IE...you here for one reason, to learn to work in the corporate world in some capacity or another. If that is so bothersome then quit school and go work construction.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

The great thing about construction work is there isn't much of a dress code.

Also, depending on where you work, in the wonderful world of software engineering there isn't much of a dress code either.

:o

crips_posse200.jpg

Yo, dog..bust a move back to the development lab fore five-oh come rollin' up in ma ****! You runnin' the beta version, homie?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

It will be interesting to watch the news the night that the teams arrive in Charlotte and see what the players from USF are wearing when they get off the bus at the hotel compared to what NCS are wearing.  If I remember correctly from seeing other "bowl team arrivals" on the news, everyone is either wearing a suit and tie or matching school warm up gear.

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

and CEE, corporate america is mostly what funds our little program and all of the BCS and college football in itself.  So before we say screw you, maybe we should find some "thugs" to pay for the sport we all enjoy, since that is all you think our players relate too.

gurly, save you white collar propaganda for somewhere else.  why should our players have to "relate" to anyone?  if we start winning more games, no one will care about what they look like on and off the field and those corporate americans will fund our program regardless

if we win the big east, not even corporate america can keep us out of a BCS game and that BCS money.. if we're gonna do it, we might as well dress comfortably when/if we do

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  996

"if we start winning more games, no one will care about what they look like on and off the field and those corporate americans will fund our program regardless "

and when that happens, so be it.  However, that time is not here yet and we have to appeal to our fans and the money makers.  Even when we are winning games, we should still be presentable.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

gurly, save you white collar propaganda for somewhere else.  why should our players have to "relate" to anyone?  if we start winning more games, no one will care about what they look like on and off the field and those corporate americans will fund our program regardless

if we win the big east, not even corporate america can keep us out of a BCS game and that BCS money.. if we're gonna do it, we might as well dress comfortably when/if we do

White collar propaganda? You walk anywhere in the rest of the real world, and you WILL get judged by how you look and how you act. Americans are a judgemental society. The way somebody looks can influence first impressions and permanent impressions, and perhaps some rich nice old couple sitting in the stands at a basketball game isn't going to want to buy season tickets for football if they perceive the players as people they don't want to cheer for. Just an example. They may just be college football players, but perhaps they could seek to rise above expectations and look classy; there's nothing wrong with expecting that of people who enjoy plenty of benefits on USF's behalf.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  701

look at our other teams and what they wear when honored on the field at Ray-Jay.. i'm not saying they need a suit and tie for a casual basketball game appearence, but they should of worn USF Related Clothing.  Otherwise they look like spectators walking around the court.

send a courteous email to a campus official about it and i'm sure it will be resolved

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

jesus christ.  the kids didnt do anything wrong, for crying out loud.. not only did they not do anything illegal, but none of what they wore was OFFENSIVE either.. "saggin jeans, hats all twisted, no USF gear whatsoever, and big chains" according to the OP, is NOT OFFENSIVE.. shirts with designs mocking hurricane katrina victims, 9/11, and cancer patients IS offensive.  if anyone has a problem with their style of dress, thats THEIR problem.  if its an event where EVERYONE has to dress up (i.e.- a wedding, awards ceremony, etc), then i can understand, but if they werent required to dress up to another sporting event, it shouldnt raise any type of red flags.  if you dont relate to them and what they wear, that's your problem-- this is america-- yes, usa is judgmental, but you are also free to wear whatever you want (albeit being inoffensive).  hell, i'm from brandon but i sure as hell cant relate to a bunch of white boys wearing camouflage and speaking with southern accents, but who am i to tell them what to wear and how to speak?  as long as they're doing their job on the field, i'm happy

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

They were introduced officially as the football team to promote the Bowl Game.  No one here is bashing them, I am a student myself.  I also never said anything about hygiene.  I think you should wear your hair as you wish.  This was only to get people's comments on dress codes.  

And furthermore DarthCyberBull, if we are so worried about hurting player's feelings, maybe we should explore some of the other threads on here discussing Pat Julmiste or any of the hundreds that personally attack players.  

If i were to sift through all the threads on here, this thread is not one of the first ones I would call embarrasing.  

I guess I am also a "kid" and I am not opposed to "hip hop" wear as you call it.  However, can you honestly tell me that if Coach Mac showed up to a game dressed in "hip hop" gear or anything other than what he wears, that you wouldn't be offended.  The only point I was trying to make is that a certain type of attire, as in professionalism, should be the minimum when you are repesenting an organization, or at best, when you are trying to SELL YOUR TEAM to alumni and community who were there to watch basketball.  I am not saying they should have been dressed as nuns, but even football tees would have been nice.

No....when MOST of us attack PJ we take issue about his play.  MOST of us don't attack him personally b/c of the way he plays QB. In contrast, some of our fans were embarrassed b/c what our players were wearing and to make it worse called them a bunch of thugs.

Now as selling themselves....WTF??

These kids bust their asses on and off the football field. They had achieved a winning record during a rebuilding year and were **** close to having a very special season. I think you have it all wrong we should be thanking them for an exciting season. Instead we can't show them enough support to fill the lower bowl or make a splash for our bowl games.

The players have done their part....they don't owe anything.

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  996

Right, because if PJ read the board he wouldn't be PERSONALLY offended at you attacking the way he plays, not him. This is just funny.

I did not ever once call them thugs.

Don't talk with me about not being able to fill the lower bowl.  I have been to every home game this entire season.  My seats aren't assigned, so I get there 3 hours before the game, not to tailgate, but to wait outside the gate so I can run in and sit for another two hours before the game even starts.  I also bought 12 tix to the bowl game.  

..and they may deserve our thanks, which believe me they have gotten it from me, but they cannot act like it is their right, it is their priveledge.  They will lose that priveledge if they start to get attitudes like those from Miami, whom I cannot stand. Furthermore, should we call up CJL and thank him for doing a good job? No, why, because we EXPECT him to do a good job.  Why, because we PAY him to do a good job.  These players may not be paid in a salary, but they are getting an education, housing, books, and a chance to perfect their skill and maybe go out in the pro world.  We expect them to pour their hearts out and I wouldn't expect any less of them because I pour my heart and my wallet out every day, gameday or not, in there support.