• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Olympic Sports

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

10 minutes ago, jjlovecub said:

No. That’s ridiculous. Stanford has a highly successful sports program. 

Every conference in America humbly disagrees. There academics are as strong as anyone, their random sports that do not exist are tops in the nation, their state is the largest in the nation and they have their own OCS .8 miles from their library, yet somehow they find themselves lost souls swimming in our fishbowl (at least for them it has yet to be year after year). If Olympic sports mattered a single iota they would be in the SEC or B1G, yet they are not... This marks an important day in history when we can all stop pretending now.

7 hours ago, Triple B said:

So no conference values Learfield Cups enough to use that as reason to bring in Stanford. There are a myriad of reasons why conference invites are sent out but apparently Olympic sports isn't one of them right now ..... but who cares? Doesn't mean you downplay if a school has decent ones ...... unless one's panties are in a wad over an AD and looking to squash any positives at all about the Department.

Money power and winning at real sports and not trying to be the best at exercising are all that matters. If any effort at all was wasted on this superfluous nonsense that is a problem and not reason to celebrate. 

The Athletic Department's proper approach to them should be made clear:

super bowl football GIF 

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,304
  • Days Won:  10

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

:lol:    This is actually one of your longest reaches yet ...... which is saying a lot.

Hope he did not hurt him self with that leap.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

9 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

They use to be good at both football & hoops. Not sure why they got soft on sports.

and baseball

1 minute ago, Rizman said:

Hope he did not hurt him self with that leap.

I definitely did not stretch first, what part of the premise feels the slightest bit off base to you? I think the leap only feels far when jumping from an idealized world you wish existed into one that actually exists in the here and now.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,569
  • Days Won:  423

5 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Have to agree with Puc. Only sports that move the needle are Football and MBB

Yet in the last decade, PAC 12 football championships; Stanford-3 ... USC-1 ... UCLA-0 ... Colorado-0 ... Arizona-0 ... ASU-0.

This thread wasn't really about what does or doesn't move needles. It was just one more of puc's juvenile, erroneous pokes at MK ...

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Yet in the last decade, PAC 12 football championships; Stanford-3 ... USC-1 ... UCLA-0 ... Colorado-0 ... Arizona-0 ... ASU-0.

This thread wasn't really about what does or doesn't move needles. It was just one more of puc's juvenile, erroneous pokes at MK ...

If we were #1 in the AAC in overall sports instead of #2 would we be in? If not than it does not matter and if yes than why has it not helped someone far more distinguished than we can ever dream of being? The word you are looking for is earned and not erroneous. Whatever the path is to relevancy is the one I would like to take and that we are further away than we were 5 years ago is my only umbrage with the guy (if Olympic sports were it I would be all for it, unfortunately my initial suspicion is now confirmed) .

Surely you must have some timeframe where you should expect some movement in the right direction, we know you do not think it is yet so how long to do think one gets to show the first sign of life? If we had pulled of hiring Deion we would have been more on the radar, if we had not hired MK and hired DB we would be more on the radar, I do not care at all what we have to do but we need something exciting if we cannot rely on our records that are also unfortunately being decimated under his watch. 

I know some people think but if we build an OCS like everyone else only smaller and make it worse in every way than what we use currently use then that will get something going but I think that is as likely to be successful as being #2 in all sports in the AAC but with the added benefit of more cost

The AAC is our sunken place 

Warning Get Out GIF by reactionseditor

ss15 GIF