• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

American Athletic Conference Football 2023 Predictions ... - Athlon Sports

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

4 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

I miss the good ol' days when a delusional Phil Steele cited the Bulls as a potential "dark horse" for the national championship.

I have that magazine of his!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, SilverBull said:

I miss the good ol' days when a delusional Phil Steele cited the Bulls as a potential "dark horse" for the national championship.  Now we'll exceed prognosticators' expectations if we find our way out of the AAC basement.

The Walking Dead Nyc GIF by ADWEEK

That seems so far away I forgot about that. We are now the dark horse candidate to not finish last in the AAC.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,569
  • Days Won:  28

Many of you guys think I make positive predictions based on my green and gold goggles, but I do a little research. I went on a few different random websites and our strength of schedule is nowhere near as hard as it has been these past few years.  Our 2023 strength of schedule currently ranks in b/w the 70s to low 80s. We had the 20th  hardest schedule in 2020 and 2021. Last year our SOS was in the top 50 and as low as 33rd on one website. I'll be **** if I predict anything lower than Un-duh-moo-freakin-feeted!!!!:04-rock:

2023 - Our SOS is ranked 71st - 83rd

2022- Our SOS was ranked b/w 33rd-45th according to different sites

2020 & 2021 - we hovered around 17th - 20th ranked SOS according to a few different websites. 

https://collegefootballnews.com/rankings/college-football-schedule-rankings-easiest-to-hardest-1-133

2021 College Football ELO Strength of Schedule (SOS) Updated in REAL-TIME for Every Team at the Completion of Every Game.
college-football-strength-of-schedule.pn

Who plays the most difficult schedule in 2023? Ranking college football strength of schedule based on preseason power ratings.

https://www.si.com/fannation/college/cfb-hq/ncaa-football-rankings/college-football-schedule-rankings-2022-season

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

6 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Many of you guys think I make positive predictions based on my green and gold goggles, but I do a little research. I went on a few different random websites and our strength of schedule is nowhere near as hard as it has been these past few years.  Our 2023 strength of schedule currently ranks in b/w the 70s to low 80s. We had the 20th  hardest schedule in 2020 and 2021. Last year our SOS was in the top 50 and as low as 33rd on one website. I'll be **** if I predict anything lower than Un-duh-moo-freakin-feeted!!!!:04-rock:

2023 - Our SOS is ranked 71st - 83rd

2022- Our SOS was ranked b/w 33rd-45th according to different sites

2020 & 2021 - we hovered around 17th - 20th ranked SOS according to a few different websites

Sooooo, based on your research, what were your predictions for 2020, 2021 & 2022?

• Haha 2
  • Crying 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,569
  • Days Won:  28

12 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Sooooo, based on your research, what were your predictions for 2020, 2021 & 2022?

Giving the NEW players added to the team the benefit of the doubt. I don't make predictions based on a team with players we no longer have. too many factors to list. We had crappy coaches and QB play until Byrum Brown came around.  You also saw the strength of schedule rankings, I didn't factor in our SOS. 🤷‍♂️. In 2020 and 2021 we had the 17th - 20th ranked HARDEST SCHEDULE in the nation. **** happens. All I know is that our CURRENT SOS is ranked somewhere between 71st and 83rd. That means it's over 50% "less hard" to win some games this year. :)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Giving the NEW players added to the team the benefit of the doubt. I don't make predictions based on a team with players we no longer have. too many factors to list. We had crappy coaches and QB play until Byrum Brown came around.  You also saw the strength of schedule rankings, I didn't factor in our SOS. 🤷‍♂️. In 2020 and 2021 we had the 17th - 20th ranked HARDEST SCHEDULE in the nation. **** happens. All I know is that our CURRENT SOS is ranked somewhere between 71st and 83rd. That means it's over 50% "less hard" to win some games this year. :)

Totally hope you're right with the schedule and if we were playing this year with the roster from last year, I'd feel a little better. There are, though, so many unproven players at key spots, along with an unproven coaching staff, that the schedule may need to be as weak, or weaker, than it looks right now for us to show improvement.

I know the key thing that drives what optimism there is for this year is the addition by subtraction theory but that doesn't always work out as planned ............. at least in the first year.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Totally hope you're right with the schedule and if we were playing this year with the roster from last year, I'd feel a little better. There are, though, so many unproven players at key spots, along with an unproven coaching staff, that the schedule may need to be as weak, or weaker, than it looks right now for us to show improvement.

I know the key thing that drives what optimism there is for this year is the addition by subtraction theory but that doesn't always work out as planned ............. at least in the first year.

Trips outside of UTSA, BAMA, and  WKU none of the teams should strike fear of losing in USF. The problem is we have no idea what to expect or where we are as a football team.

5 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Trips outside of UTSA, BAMA, and  WKU none of the teams should strike fear of losing in USF. The problem is we have no idea what to expect or where we are as a football team.

No team outside of a Bama type should ever really "strike fear" but, and I read this somewhere, we've only beaten 1 FBS program in 3 years so every team on our schedule is in a better place than us right now and to expect to beat any of them, outside of FAMU, has no basis in reality. Doesn't mean we can't do a 180 from last year and shock the world but there's nothing really to base that on, primarily because of all the unknowns.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

No team outside of a Bama type should ever really "strike fear" but, and I read this somewhere, we've only beaten 1 FBS program in 3 years so every team on our schedule is in a better place than us right now and to expect to beat any of them, outside of FAMU, has no basis in reality. Doesn't mean we can't do a 180 from last year and shock the world but there's nothing really to base that on, primarily because of all the unknowns.

I still believe we are not good until I see it.  WKU, UTSA, and Bama has a good seasons last year and are returning key players and coaches. I just think the rest of the schedule is bad and if we got decent coaching we could pull of some wins.

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

46 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Trips outside of UTSA, BAMA, and  WKU none of the teams should strike fear of losing in USF.

This ain’t your mama’s USF. 

46 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

The problem is we have no idea what to expect or where we are as a football team.

Hence the fear.  

• Upvote 1