• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2000+ tix sold thru Wednesday & Bowl $$$

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

thing is, the student leaders need to get out there now.  Doesnt exam week begin this coming Monday the 12th, students will begin to leave once their exams are over.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Ridicuilus that we cann't get 5k students not including alumni and other fans.  $120 hotel and travel package ?  Come on it cann't get any cheaper then that.   Bowl game,NY Eve partying in Charlotte and our first Bowl game.  There should be a caravan of about 50 buses headed to Charlotte packed with students.  Now how cool would that be.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,142

On another note, has anyone heard any local advertisments (via radio, paper, etc) to try to sell tickets to the game besides what you would read from Brett's articles in the Trib or in the Times?  

I just heard an advertisement on 101.5 this morning on the way to work!

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

Working in the school system we have a calling system which allows for our 3600 students to receive a recorded message from the prinicpal whenever needed..  Jim L should record a message and then have it sent to all registered alumni, students, and their parents...  I would also imagine that each player on the team could get 5-6 to attend.. 100 players-  that should be at least 500 tix...  If we get to 5,000 I will be shocked and pleasantly surprised!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Ridicuilus that we cann't get 5k students not including alumni and other fans.  $120 hotel and travel package ?  Come on it cann't get any cheaper then that.   Bowl game,NY Eve partying in Charlotte and our first Bowl game.  There should be a caravan of about 50 buses headed to Charlotte packed with students.  Now how cool would that be.

E-mail the student leaders to let them know your thoughts. They don't hear from alumni often.

Maxon Victor, SG President

president@sg.usf.edu

Frank Harrison, Senate President

senpres@sg.usf.edu

Go to www.sg.usf.edu to see what's up with them.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

Like someone else said, I'm shocked that I haven't received anything from the Alumni Association. A friend and colleague of mine graduated from Arkansas State (yes, Sun Belt conference!) and she got an e-mail from her alumni association nearly the second they accepted their bid to the New Orleans Bowl. That being said, I'm surprised that the 5,000 that UConn brought to a previous bowl game was considered desirable, because I'd expect them to want much more. I think we can get to 5K, but I want much, much more. Regarding locals buying up tickets, I don't doubt that folks will--Charlotte's a pretty big football city/area and yet has no IA college football to call its own. But it's our job to paint the locals GREEN!!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  894

We have a group of 20 or 30 going, so we're getting everything together and buying our tickets at once so we can all sit together.

I would be thrilled if we brought 5 or 6k, if only for the fact we sometimes have trouble bringing in 25,000 for home games if we're not facing a big name opponent or florida school. Wouldn't expect many after the die-hards to be willing to make the trip.

Hopefully there are many out of state alums who have been keeping up with us and will do what they can to make the trip as well.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Like someone else said, I'm shocked that I haven't received anything from the Alumni Association. A friend and colleague of mine graduated from Arkansas State (yes, Sun Belt conference!) and she got an e-mail from her alumni association nearly the second they accepted their bid to the New Orleans Bowl. That being said, I'm surprised that the 5,000 that UConn brought to a previous bowl game was considered desirable, because I'd expect them to want much more. I think we can get to 5K, but I want much, much more. Regarding locals buying up tickets, I don't doubt that folks will--Charlotte's a pretty big football city/area and yet has no IA college football to call its own. But it's our job to paint the locals GREEN!!

Actually, I got an E-mail from the Alumni Association like Sunday night. You should shoot them an E-mail or give them a call and make sure they have the correct E-mail for you and that your membership is up to date! May have been a mix-up.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823

I am shocked it went up that much actually.

Most people don't get paid until the 15th or every Friday. I wouldn't be suprised to see a big jump in that number next week.

Its still early.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

Interesting... it could be that my stuff hasn't taken yet, though it allows me to log in. I actually joined the Association not long ago (after they put out the "last call for the new grad rates" for class of 2K5) so they have my most current info.