• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Important OCS Update

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,616
  • Days Won:  25

On 9/3/2023 at 11:42 PM, USFBULL_08 said:

oof that was a fail vs Fresno

They got the former UCF transfer QB taking them down,

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

23 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

WWW.SPORTSBUSINESSJOURNAL.COM

Final approval for USF's planned on-campus football stadium will have to wait, as the Florida Board of Governors canceled its meetings on Tuesday and Wednesday due to...

Final approval for USF's planned on-campus football stadium will "have to wait," as the Florida Board of Governors "canceled its meetings on Tuesday and Wednesday due to Hurricane Idalia." Staff will work with the board to "identify a date for a virtual meeting within the next two weeks to take up ...

I can't read anymore as I've reached my limit for free articles.  Did anyone hear anything more on this?  

Is this it? 

8964FEB9-32D5-4C8A-BA64-348B4803788D.png

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,483
  • Days Won:  43

8 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

Is this it? 

8964FEB9-32D5-4C8A-BA64-348B4803788D.png

This scares the hell out of me. If things go bad then this will ruin the weekend and game for me lol 

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

14 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

This scares the hell out of me. If things go bad then this will ruin the weekend and game for me lol 

It's just a rubber stamp...

Moderating GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.apnews.com%2F5
APNEWS.COM

The University of South Florida is looking for some big changes when...

they misspelled "University that spent the last 2 decades chasing State Preeminent status, obtaining that and AAU membership, finally shows commitment to Athletics, the front door and marketing for many Universities."

They mention AAU in the article.

Edited by gibbsak
  • Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,616
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, gibbsak said:
?url=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.apnews.com%2F5
APNEWS.COM

The University of South Florida is looking for some big changes when...

they misspelled "University that spent the last 2 decades chasing State Preeminent status and obtain that and AAU, finally shows commitment to Athletics, the front door and marketing for many Universities."

They mention AAU in the article.

Maybe the writer needs to focus more on academics. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

11 hours ago, Cat941 said:

WWW.SPORTSBUSINESSJOURNAL.COM

Final approval for USF's planned on-campus football stadium will have to wait, as the Florida Board of Governors canceled its meetings on Tuesday and Wednesday due to...

Final approval for USF's planned on-campus football stadium will "have to wait," as the Florida Board of Governors "canceled its meetings on Tuesday and Wednesday due to Hurricane Idalia." Staff will work with the board to "identify a date for a virtual meeting within the next two weeks to take up ...

I can't read anymore as I've reached my limit for free articles.  Did anyone hear anything more on this?  

Just to clarify, this is old. The meeting has already been rescheduled to September 8 (tomorrow). There's a zoom link. Here are all the details.

I echo the sentiments of everyone else. Just hand these "concerned" people a box of tissues and start construction. Serious people have work to do.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

11 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

The approval document is already attached to the agenda. They just have to read out loud "We hereby approve the issuance of debt..." and then sign and date it.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

34 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Just to clarify, this is old. The meeting has already been rescheduled to September 8 (tomorrow). There's a zoom link. Here are all the details.

I echo the sentiments of everyone else. Just hand these "concerned" people a box of tissues and start construction. Serious people have work to do.

Edit... I just realized I was responding to the wrong post. My bad.

I just love how we spend all this freaking money on academics for two decades and now that we need to actually do something with athletics, the academics are whining about it.  It's not like they're being neglected.  

Edited by gibbsak
  • Like 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  61
  • Days Won:  0

https://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/news/2023/09/06/usf-football-stadium-interest-rates.html

The university of south florida has submitted revised financial projections regarding its planned on-campus football stadium ahead of a significant vote later this week.

If approved by the Florida Board of Governors on Friday, usf will build an approximately $340 million stadium and take out a $200 million loan to help pay for it. Truist Bank has quoted usf an interest rate of 7% on the loan, an increase of 1.5% from the originally projected rate.

Revenue projections from the stadium are now "fully dependent" on realizing consultants' estimates, which banked on over 30,000 fans attending each game, according to a Sept. 5 memo.

If usf's projected revenues can't be met, either the usf foundation would have to pick up the tab, or there would have to be cuts within the athletics department. Watkins wrote on Aug. 8 that usf's projections for increases in ticket revenue at the new stadium and in athletics revenue — including game guarantees, royalties and conference and NCAA distributions — are "arguably ambitious."

"The revisions to the projections for the project highlight the uncertainty of future financial performance," Ben Watkins, director of Florida's division of bond finance, wrote in the Sept. 5 memo to the board of governors.