• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Which USF song is better?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Best fight song in the world is Notre Dame's...

Worst in the world is Miami's.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532
  • Days Won:  0

I must say... the words to our fight song need... umm some help.  If you just look at them, you would never be able to figure out how to sing it!  I just read FSU's up there, and the last time I heard the audio file of theirs was like 4 years ago... but I could still remember how to sing it... which means... we need to shoot our version!  

USF Bulls are we,

We hold our standard upright and free.

For Green and Gold we stand united.

Our beacon lighted and noble to see.

USF Bulls are we,

For USF will always be.

With all our might we fight the battle

here and now, and we will win the

victory…

(shout!) S-O-U-T-H F-L-O-R-I-D-A

South Florida, South Florida

Go Bulls!

Wooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

USF Bulls are we,

We hold our standard upright and free.

For Green and Gold we stand united.

Our beacon lighted and noble to see.

USF Bulls are we,

For USF will always be.

With all our might we fight the battle

here and now, and we will win the victory…

The Woooooooooo!!!!!!!! (like FSU) has been in our fight song too since the HOT was established... but only our drum line ever sings it.  It will be included in the CD version of our fight song.

You know they guys that made our songs up back in the '60's or whenever only got like $100 and maybe a pat on the back to do it... speaks for itself!

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

I'm not even particularly a Tennessee fan, but I think Rocky Top is one of the best fight songs out there, though I'd also agree with Hail to the Victors, both because of the enthusiasm with which they are sung.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

One last thing about our fight song then I'll leave it alone  ;D

the shouted part is actually a **** good cheer, just like cheering U-S-F or Green-Gold but it really isn't recognizable as a song nor is it good for a fight song. During the game no-one would be able to distinguish it from a popular cheer as part of our fight song if they didn't know what our fight song is. Maybe it would be best to just call that old tune the USF cheer song.

My problem with #8 is the stop, restart part.

It should be like Ravel's Bolero ... keep playing while it speeds up.

When it stops and starts and stops and starts and stops and starts... it sounds like the band is trying to fill time, rather than rally the fans.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  14

IMHO-March Victorius is a better song but I'd definitely go with the Fight Song. It's pretty good except the "Our beacon lighted and noble to see" part.  Not sure how that relates to USF and, honestly, it sounds kinda dumb or perhaps too grandiose. We're not some old brick and ivy covered, staid university. USF is a young, vibrant, modern university and has  accomplished great things in a short amount of time. Lighted beacons just sound old-fashioned to me.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  106

fight song is horrible IMO. It sounds like carnival music with words that a high school cheerleader would shout. Give me an S...give me an O....give me a U...etc..

I keep hoping that like the logo, someone will realize it needs an upgrade to a fight song that actually has a bit of "fight" in it! Until then I'll just continue to cringe everytime I hear the wurlitzer begin.

EXACTLY!!!

The fight song is too 'clowns in the circus' for me. I have asked people I have brought to games from other schools and everyone thinks it is bush-league.

March victorious at least sounds inspiring!

We need to drop the silly fight song and just stick with march victorious or develop something more rousing and traditional.

By the way, Hail to the Victors is a perfect fight song: short, great lyrics, battle cry-sounding, and inspiring. We could do worse than to follow their example.