• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sources: Kennesaw State's Amir Abdur-Rahim is finalizing a deal to be the next head coach at South Florida.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

Amir Abdur-Rahim get an extension from MK yet?

• Haha 4

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Kind of a ridiculous question, though. If they weren't, CBG and CJS would still be here. You can be committed to winning but just be bad at doing it. Right now MK is 0 for 1 on major hires and will be interesting to see how it plays out down the line if it gets to 0 for 3 ....

If he is 1 for 3 with the OCS then I say we praise him. And hopefully that home run is football 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Kind of a ridiculous question, though. If they weren't, CBG and CJS would still be here. You can be committed to winning but just be bad at doing it. Right now MK is 0 for 1 on major hires and will be interesting to see how it plays out down the line if it gets to 0 for 3 ....

Yea, I don't think its a lack of trying or not being committed to winning. USF is in a bad place right now, and Kelly is just not a good enough salesman when it comes to convincing top tier coaches to take a risk at USF right now.  However, we have to hope that these unproven hires work out for us which is not impossible.

3 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

If he is 1 for 3 with the OCS then I say we praise him. And hopefully that home run is football 

No one should be praised for going 1 out of 3.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Just now, belgianbull said:

keeps his job if 1 of the current 2 pan out. No praise from me though.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,733
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Except these guys of course. 😉

https://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/player

8 minutes ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

Except these guys of course. 😉

https://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/player

lol exactly 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, belgianbull said:

At which point I hope it will no longer be Kelly making these decisions . In fact I am now to the point where I no longer have faith in him. This hiring cycle with the Brey and Odom whiffs was a disaster

I hope this coaching hire will grow on me a little bit like the Golesh hire did to a certain extent, but I can't help but feel that with more realignment on the horizon we are taking unnecessary risks. Getting wins this year is the only thing that might cure this feeling

It is amazing how diametrically opposed we are.  I was "meh" about the Golesh hire at the time, but he has grown on me... and I really like the hiring of Abdur-Rahim. 

I think that Kelly learned his mistake with Jeff Scott and has made some solid hires this offseason... proving more to me that he's one of the best athletic directors USF has ever had... far better than Harlan and Woolard -- who are the most to blame for USF's current situation.

One of us could be wrong in our estimation of our VP of Athletics.  Only time will tell.

Well See Schitts Creek GIF by CBCthe coen brothers positivity GIF

Edited by Jim Johnson
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

It is amazing how diametrically opposed we are.  I was "meh" about the Golesh hire at the time, but he has grown on me... and I really like the hiring of Abdur-Rahim. 

I think that Kelly learned his mistake with Jeff Scott and has made some solid hires this offseason... proving more to me that he's one of the best athletic directors USF has ever had... far better than Harlan and Woolard -- who are the most to blame for USF's current situation.

One of us could be wrong in our estimation of our VP of Athletics.  Only time will tell.

lol you are gonna make the Negative Nancy Club (outlaw, puc, frisco) explode with this post. Great one! Lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Yes, when it comes to Rahim I want to be wrong.  I watched some videos of him; took a closer look at his record, and there is no doubt he is an impressive individual. Whether you are for or against this hire, everyone wants what is best for USF, and everyone wants the same thing, and that's get back to the NCAAT. And perhaps Rahim can be our very own Dusty May. The way Golesh won me over a bit ( still not sold) was that last day of recruiting when he was able to bring in two highly rated players. It will be interesting to see the off season for basketball.

When it comes to Kelly his faith will lie with the success of these two most recent hires.

• Upvote 1