• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rough day at the sports bar

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

Showed up in my USF shirt to watch NCAA basketball and had multiple people ask me if I had a team in the tournament. When I responded that I did not but was a fan of South Florida in Tampa -  USF - I got the expressions of people that might’ve been on Triple Jeopardy.  Then, that sort of uncomfortable nod like they knew who I was talking about.

I did have the pmeasure of a guy telling me about UCF and FAU.

We need to multiply efforts one hundredfold -  this is part of the problemo.  

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

9 minutes ago, Brad said:

It goes without saying for UCF, but I'm willing to bet FAU also has had more success in the major mens' programs than us over the past decade.  (I know their bball team is good this year)

If our teams ever won enough to be shown and discussed more on TV...more people would know us.  This is a symptom of athletics.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

22 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

It goes without saying for UCF, but I'm willing to bet FAU also has had more success in the major mens' programs than us over the past decade.  (I know their bball team is good this year)

If our teams ever won enough to be shown and discussed more on TV...more people would know us.  This is a symptom of athletics.

When I did the math about two years ago, when you combine the winning percentages of usf men's football, baseball, and basketball, we have the worst conference winning percentage and overall winning percentage of all schools that play those three sports at the d1 level. We also hold the longest streak without winning a conference title in this 3 sports of any school that plays those sports at the d1 level in ncaa history. So by the metric of winning in those three men's sports, we are the worst athletics program in the country at the d1 level. Pretty bad when you consider those schools with far less to work with. 

• Crying 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

4 minutes ago, Bullcocky said:

When I did the math about two years ago, when you combine the winning percentages of usf men's football, baseball, and basketball, we have the worst conference winning percentage and overall winning percentage of all schools that play those three sports at the d1 level. 

Was not prepared for that gut punch.  I'm going to curl up in the corner and hope the math was off somewhere.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

13 minutes ago, Bullcocky said:

When I did the math about two years ago, when you combine the winning percentages of usf men's football, baseball, and basketball, we have the worst conference winning percentage and overall winning percentage of all schools that play those three sports at the d1 level. We also hold the longest streak without winning a conference title in this 3 sports of any school that plays those sports at the d1 level in ncaa history. So by the metric of winning in those three men's sports, we are the worst athletics program in the country at the d1 level. Pretty bad when you consider those schools with far less to work with. 

We won a baseball conference title 2 years ago

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Showed up in my USF shirt to watch NCAA basketball and had multiple people ask me if I had a team in the tournament. When I responded that I did not but was a fan of South Florida in Tampa -  USF - I got the expressions of people that might’ve been on Triple Jeopardy.  Then, that sort of uncomfortable nod like they knew who I was talking about.

I stopped wearing USF gear a couple years ago, we are either an embarrassment or irrelevant but certainly nothing to be proud of. Our FB program is a dumpster fire and our hoops is trash.  I like to talk trash but we have no material to work with 

11 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

We won a baseball conference title 2 years ago

Tournament title, we have never won a FB or MBB conference title, just sayin 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

I stopped wearing USF gear a couple years ago, we are either an embarrassment or irrelevant but certainly nothing to be proud of. Our FB program is a dumpster fire and our hoops is trash.  I like to talk trash but we have no material to work with 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAPdEVQWWmA

Just now, Friscobull said:

Tournament title, we have never won a FB or MBB conference title, just sayin 

That's why I said baseball and not FB or MBB

2 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Not sure where you are from however if I started talking trash about our cheerleading team I would get stuffed in a car trunk.  Who ******* cares about that? 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1