• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Billy Mohl!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

So what?

A lot of people on this board never played a day of football past little league or high school and were calling for the firing of Jeff Scott.

A lot of people on this board never played a day of organized basketball and were calling for the firing of Brian Gregory.

All TDS did in their tweet is ask the question: "Will Billy Mohl be fired?"  There is nothing wrong asking that question.

I called cjs being a complete failure year two Tulsa game and told everyone we need to fire him. People here praised his culture change and defending him with claims with no evidence  that he was so close to turning a corner and the culture he built was so great. Mohl has had two losing seasons  in a row and this season was way worse. Do we need to experience cjs the baseball edition any longer ? Do we want to run an athletic coaching that prioritizes winning or one that values stability  and losing by coaches that are like by the players?

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

24 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I called cjs being a complete failure year two Tulsa game and told everyone we need to fire him. People here praised his culture change and defending him with claims with no evidence  that he was so close to turning a corner and the culture he built was so great. Mohl has had two losing seasons  in a row and this season was way worse. Do we need to experience cjs the baseball edition any longer ? Do we want to run an athletic coaching that prioritizes winning or one that values stability  and losing by coaches that are like by the players?

Mohl has taken us to 2 regionals and won our only Regional title in his 5 years.  He's won.  

Fernandez started his career with 4 losing seasons and after a few winning seasons followed with a couple more.

Lovelady at ucf got 7 years (6 minus the Covid year) with only 1 regional appearance.

Cooper at Penn State got 10 years and no regional appearances.

Stop with your stupid "stability over winning" comments.  Enough already

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

17 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Do we need to experience cjs the baseball edition any longer ?

59c199b4875ec_facepalmted.jpg.6c3070c66a1da67e70f3c0e8fee633e1.jpg

• Haha 1

All that being said, the word on the street is CBM will be relieved of his duties.   A 2024 commit that works out with my son told him on Thursday that he heard Mohl will be fired and he's pulling his commit if he is.  Spoke with a good friend of mine this morning that knows a lot of folks in baseball circles and he heard that it was already in the cards short of College World Series championship that Mohl would be let go.  We shall see

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

For me, mostly apathy wins. 

I don’t like the comments about how he gets players ready for the majors…. but he can’t win college games.  

Every coach and player, however, should know that the measuring stick is wins and losses. 

With our Athletic leaders so intensely looking to deliver “the best student athlete experience”, I wonder if we need to rewrite the definition to include wins and losses. Trip says that is assumed, but the look of our programs seems to indicate otherwise.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

All that being said, the word on the street is CBM will be relieved of his duties.   A 2024 commit that works out with my son told him on Thursday that he heard Mohl will be fired and he's pulling his commit if he is.  Spoke with a good friend of mine this morning that knows a lot of folks in baseball circles and he heard that it was already in the cards short of College World Series championship that Mohl would be let go.  We shall see

Ask the recruit does he want to win or play for a likeable coach that has a recent streak of losing that is showing no signs or turning it around.

Just now, Outlaw said:

Ask the recruit does he want to win or play for a likeable coach that has a recent streak of losing that is showing no signs or turning it around.

He's pulling his commit if Mohl is fired, so you that's all you need to know

20 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Mohl has taken us to 2 regionals and won our only Regional title in his 5 years.  He's won.  

Fernandez started his career with 4 losing seasons and after a few winning seasons followed with a couple more.

Lovelady at ucf got 7 years (6 minus the Covid year) with only 1 regional appearance.

Cooper at Penn State got 10 years and no regional appearances.

Stop with your stupid "stability over winning" comments.  Enough already

Enough of your love affair with two losing seasons  in a row and a pathetic performance on the season. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Doesn’t he know there are other nice guys out there?  Maybe we hire a nice guy that wins.  

Thank goodness this kid can do whatever he wants - just like MK. 

I am sorry but 21-39 isn't good enough. This is his second losing season in a row and nose diving. We got lucky and upset ecu and they beat usf when it matters. If you think 21-39 is a good season then I got some Jeff Scott memorabilia to sell you because he was a nice guy.

• Upvote 1