• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jose DOESN’T win AAC Coach of the Year

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

4 hours ago, belgianbull said:

There is no doubt that he is the best coach in the league and would have deserved to win it. However coach of the year awards usually goes to a coach who beats the odds in a given season, and gets a bad to average team to win. We went into the season as one of the favorites.

It just totally depends on the how the year played out and the criteria the voters hone in on. Geno won it 5 times while in the AAC and he certainly wasn't beating any odds. If there wasn't some "feel good" story this year, Jose would have probably had a better shot at it ......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,126
  • Days Won:  56

BTW: ECU’s freshman of the year should have been disqualified just for this . . . 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  222
  • Days Won:  0

Brito should have been the Freshman of the Year. That play where she went over the courtside seats to go for the ball, then ran down to the other end to get the rebound was reason enough right there to get the award.  Asensio and Gonzalez should have been on the Freshmen team also.  As a Bulls fan, I’m obviously biased, but we’re in good shape for the future with this class.

Some schools rebuild; USF reloads…

Go Bulls

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,827
  • Days Won:  22

So the ECU that won Coach of the year took her team expected to finish last in conference to the conference championship. I think deserving of AAC Coach of the year

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,126
  • Days Won:  56

1 hour ago, Cubanbull said:

So the ECU that won Coach of the year took her team expected to finish last in conference to the conference championship. I think deserving of AAC Coach of the year

So, in hindsight, I guess they got it right because we crashed and burned so early.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,827
  • Days Won:  22

2 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

So, in hindsight, I guess they got it right because we crashed and burned so early.

That and taking a team picked to finish last to third in conference is pretty good. Look I’m a fan of Jose and have known him from before he came to USF. He has done great at USF and this year but the ECU coach has also done a great job this year