• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  161

My only encounter, so-to-speak, happened in the media parking lot as I was getting ready to go in.

Some old WVU fan stated something very stupid along the lines of "Not too bad for a community college".

Now I understand the whole commuter college nonsense but that was just asinine to say to anyone, even if not directed to me personally.

If you cannot at least respect your conference mates, how does that reflect on your conference as a whole?

Anyway-- one guy with one very stupid atitude. I can't say I ran into any others or had any conversations either way.

As for those seats behind the bench-- those are from people who had season tickets at one point and then dropped them for whatever reason. Those seats are very expensive now with the raised donor levels. USF probably sold them to WVU or they were made available via ticketmaster.

Whatever the case, I don't know if you can blame other fans for that.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,762
  • Days Won:  3

Sooo...I'm over at the airport, 'bout one o'clock.

This guy, luggage in tow,  walks up to me - eyeballin' my USF regalia - and says that as I look like I know a thing or two about USF, could I direct him to the school.

I asked him why he would want to go the university.

He says he's here to watch his youngin' play against USF tonight.

I told him, well...you don't want to go to the school. You want to go over there - pointing through the glass to RayJ. That's where the game is being played. Also, pointed out that there's hotels on Dale Mabry, plenty of restaurants, etc. Very nice fella.

However....this does underscore the need for an on-campus stadium. For one reason that has yet to get mentioned....it confuses the tourists!  ::)

I was impressed with the number or WVU fans that showed up. I imagine it's a mini-vacation for them.  I did notice that a lot of the season ticket holders around us seemed to have swapped their tix to WVU fans.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812
  • Days Won:  0

My only encounter, so-to-speak, happened in the media parking lot as I was getting ready to go in.

Some old WVU fan stated something very stupid along the lines of "Not too bad for a community college".

Now I understand the whole commuter college nonsense but that was just asinine to say to anyone, even if not directed to me personally.

If you cannot at least respect your conference mates, how does that reflect on your conference as a whole?

Anyway-- one guy with one very stupid atitude. I can't say I ran into any others or had any conversations either way.

As for those seats behind the bench-- those are from people who had season tickets at one point and then dropped them for whatever reason. Those seats are very expensive now with the raised donor levels. USF probably sold them to WVU or they were made available via ticketmaster.

Whatever the case, I don't know if you can blame other fans for that.

the fans slurred that they knew the booster or company that owned the seats, no one usually sits in some of them other seats always have USF in them. My understanding is this is also where the faculty sit. I have to blame someone. I would think that the University would hold back tickets in between the 20's for Alumni especially for HC and not sell third level seats until they sold all lower bowl seats. I have gone to a few away games and no matter where I buy my tickets I am usually never, ever in the section with the home Athletic donors and faculty.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  161

yes and no

those seats are for prime viewing and in order to show decent value for the donors who cough up the thousands of dollars require for them, they need to be reserved or even used for other schools big hitters.

it is possible that's how they got them. I don't know. But giving people who waited until the last minute to bother with bying a ticket BETTER seats than those who donated and have been paying/sitting/supporting for years seems ass backwards to me.

Anyway-- you can avoid alot of that by trying to be on the "home field" side of the stands. There were siginificantly less WVU folks on that side. It might cost you more cash though-- those seats are the prime of the prime seats.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

I didn't have any problems with their fans. There was a bit of a scuffle between a USF fan and a WV fan at the exit.  It could happen anywhere....it looked like the USF fan had the WV fan pretty good by the way.

Congrats WV.  Look out for next year.  Or maybe I should warn us...Pat White and Steve Slaton....maybe they'll both go to the draft early.  Otherwise, the next 3 years are going to be tough.  Get it done in the Sugar Bowl also!

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

Some fans WVU stopped and talked to me on the way out.  Told me that USF fans were great.  Made me feel good.  They were actually from Orlando and go to a bunch of WV games.  Said that they'll root for us in Meineke and that it was a good game last night, they had fun.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812

yes and no

those seats are for prime viewing and in order to show decent value for the donors who cough up the thousands of dollars require for them, they need to be reserved or even used for other schools big hitters.

it is possible that's how they got them. I don't know. But giving people who waited until the last minute to bother with bying a ticket BETTER seats than those who donated and have been paying/sitting/supporting for years seems ass backwards to me.

Anyway-- you can avoid alot of that by trying to be on the "home field" side of the stands. There were siginificantly less WVU folks on that side. It might cost you more cash though-- those seats are the prime of the prime seats.

I am just a little bitter still, I just wish more fans would show up for the Bulls so that we can be a force as 12th man, I think it will come with time but last night It could not come fast enough- I did meet some cool WVU fans but it only takes a few bad apples...etc I will get over it.