• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF signs Leavitt through 2012

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

mikeg-you support leavitt because he lets you take pictures.no other reason.

what crow are you talking about.usf lost their biggest game to a 9 point dog and looked bad in losing.

the big east is so bad and usf is going down to the last game to see if we get a bowl.disgraceful given all the available football talent in florida

keep settling for medocrity

leavitt is wasting his time in the film room.the law of diminishing returns applies to leavitt.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

what crow are you talking about.usf lost their biggest game to a 9 point dog and looked bad in losing.

the big east is so bad and usf is going down to the last game to see if we get a bowl.disgraceful given all the available football talent in florida

keep settling for medocrity

leavitt is wasting his time in the film room.the law of diminishing returns applies to leavitt.

Blah, blah, blah...

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

how can you forget grote!

Not that I forgot about Grothe, the fact is, the talent is really starting to logjam at the QB position.  As good as Grothe is I don't see him getting off the practice squad for at least another year with the athletes that will be competing for the job next season.  

I was just a little peeved at some of the negative nancies posting on this board.  It's pretty obvious which ones don't have  a clue.    

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

Well, actually I think the reason actually is that Brad is to thank for MikeG being allowed on the field ... it's deemed a "Press Pass" and BULLieve Leavitt isn't in charge of this.

;D

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  468

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate for a second. Bulls lose to UConn, Bulls lose to UWV, Bulls go to a Bowl Game, and lose.

That would mean that the Bulls don't finish 2nd in the Big East, and end on a 3-game losing streak. Yes, that sucks to think about, but could happen.

Now, considering that possible scenario, is everyone still happy that Leavitt was signed to a long-term contract while going into the off-season?  

This program has come an unbelievably long way to this point, and it's great to see them going to a bowl game.

However, I can't live off of a UL victory. UL is okay, but by no means an elite team. Don't just play with them, but BEAT Miami, or Penn State & I'm all about what's going on with Leavitt.

Sorry, but haven't seen in Leavitt (to date), a coach that can take this program to the NEXT level. I truly hope I eat crow on this in the future. I truly do. But, we will all just have to wait and see...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  894

.......Now, considering that possible scenario, is everyone still happy that Leavitt was signed to a long-term contract while going into the off-season?  

This program has come an unbelievably long way to this point, and it's great to see them going to a bowl game.

However, I can't live off of a UL victory. UL is okay, but by no means an elite team. Don't just play with them, but BEAT Miami, or Penn State & I'm all about what's going on with Leavitt.

Sorry, but haven't seen in Leavitt (to date), a coach that can take this program to the NEXT level. I truly hope I eat crow on this in the future. I truly do. But, we will all just have to wait and see...

I am ok with it, the main reason being the bold statement above.

We're talking about a coach who sold a program when there was nothing there to sell. You can't say that CJL hasn't been an intrigal part of the past 9 years and this program growing to where it is today.

We're not living off of beating UL, we're living off of what this team has accomplished in less than a decade. And to call UL just ok is a little bit of an injustice to that program. As much as I hate them, they have been a top 25 team the past few seasons and stood toe-to-toe with Miami in the Orange Bowl and smacked them right in the mouth just a year ago.

Beating elite teams is a lot easier to write about here than it is to go on the field and do. Sure beating the elite is what you have to do to become elite yourself, but how many people were even seriously thinking about this team STAYING IN those two games when the schedule came out, nevermind having an actual chance of winning?

Lets not forget that we were also a 9-2 bowl eligible team that handled a ranked Bowling Green team just 3 seasons ago. Now we're bowl eligible again when we were predicted to be the same or worse than last season.

I do believe that this extension was done at the right time, for the right reasons. We now have a situation where CJL can walk into a recruits house, show them what we did in the BE, that there is a very real chance of going to a BCS bowl and getting that national exposure and that he WILL be there to see them through their entire stay at USF.

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  401

What JL Did was create a Vision no one else saw and delivered.  What he has done is pure brilliance. Look at FAU, UCF, and FIU and look at us. Look at UF, FSU, or UM at year 9 and look at us.

DW made a statement that he has faith in Leavitt and the coaching staff, no matter what a few misguided fans think and I like it. I'll see you guys Saturday and then in Charlotte.

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  468

I am ok with it, the main reason being the bold statement above.

There are something like 28 bowl games. Which mean 56 teams get to play in bowl games. There are 119 Division I schools, or 48% of the schools playing football get to go "bowling".  And, where I'm glad USF will most likely get to go to one, it's not something to get all warm & fuzzy about unless it's one of the BCS games.

And to call UL just ok is a little bit of an injustice to that program. As much as I hate them, they have been a top 25 team the past few seasons and stood toe-to-toe with Miami in the Orange Bowl and smacked them right in the mouth just a year ago.

I seem to remember Miami WON the game. Wins/losses - all that matters. USF played with Penn State. So what? Penn State won - won the Big Ten, and now going to BCS bowl. That's the difference in being fair, and elite.

DW made a statement that he has faith in Leavitt and the coaching staff, no matter what a few misguided fans think and I like it.

Misguided. Nice. Let's see, the BIGGEST school in Florida in a area that is arguably the BEST recruiting state in America. If you want to compare USF to UCF or FIU I am a little insulted. Who gives a rat's arse about them? If this program wasn't going to try to surpass those teams in a matter of a decade, then why even start one to begin with?

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

I am all warm and fuzzy about our first Bowl game.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

There are something like 28 bowl games. Which mean 56 teams get to play in bowl games. There are 119 Division I schools, or 48% of the schools playing football get to go "bowling".  And, where I'm glad USF will most likely get to go to one, it's not something to get all warm & fuzzy about unless it's one of the BCS games.

Did you think this BEFORE this season started?