• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How do you feel about the AAC Bowl chances?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,046
  • Days Won:  10

5 hours ago, E.T. said:

Friday, Dec. 16

Bahamas Bowl
Miami (Ohio) vs. UAB
11:30 a.m. ET
ESPN
Thomas A. Robinson National Stadium, Bahamas

Cure Bowl
No. 24 Troy vs. No. 25 UTSA
3 p.m.
ESPN
Exploria Stadium in Orlando, Florida

Thanks, I had no idea about these games being on today. I must say I am more interested in the UAB, and UTSA bowl games compared to Houston, Cincy, and UCF . UAB and UTSA make more sense then some of the other additions to the conference, and I will be looking forward to when we play them next year.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

7 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Thanks, I had no idea about these games being on today. I must say I am more interested in the UAB, and UTSA bowl games compared to Houston, Cincy, and UCF . UAB and UTSA make more sense then some of the other additions to the conference, and I will be looking forward to when we play them next year.

If we just added those 2 and left it as a 10 team conference I'd have been happier than what ended up happening. Guessing they added the others to bump it up to 14 knowing 3-4 teams in the conference are actively looking to leave to another conference

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

16 minutes ago, bulloni said:

If we just added those 2 and left it as a 10 team conference I'd have been happier than what ended up happening. Guessing they added the others to bump it up to 14 knowing 3-4 teams in the conference are actively looking to leave to another conference

Yep that's us an Memphis for sure.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

UAB won . . . 

5 minutes ago, E.T. said:

UAB won . . . 

Good comeback.  I noticed the water is the same shade as Boca.  That's quite a paradise zone over there.  UTSA's PPG scares me.

The play by play announcer in the Cure Bowl is you know who: Beth Mowins.

Edited by Rocky Style

16 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Yes I agree it seemed they panicked. It would have been better to have added UAB and  UTSA and then have sat back letting the college football landscape play out. Quality vs quantity. There have been rumors that San Diego State could be joining the Pac 10 ( or whatever they are called right now). Maybe now would have been a good time to have created a national  American Conference and have offered programs like Boise state, Colorado State, Air Force, and Fresno State. Also Army and Appalachian State would also have made sense

For example have a east division with USF, Temple, East Carolina, Appalachian State, Army, Navy, UAB, Tulane

and a west division with UTSA, Memphis, Colorado State, Air Force, Boise State, Tulsa, Fresno State

or some variation to equal the numbers out

• Like 1

The Cure is about to kick off

66ea3330c3472df37f711647ecc26107.jpg

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Yes I agree it seemed they panicked. It would have been better to have added UAB and  UTSA and then have sat back letting the college football landscape play out. Quality vs quantity. There have been rumors that San Diego State could be joining the Pac 10 ( or whatever they are called right now). Maybe now would have been a good time to have created a national  American Conference and have offered programs like Boise state, Colorado State, Air Force, and Fresno State. Also Army and Appalachian State would also have made sense

For example have a east division with USF, Temple, East Carolina, Appalachian State, Army, Navy, UAB, Tulane

and a west division with UTSA, Memphis, Colorado State, Air Force, Boise State, Tulsa, Fresno State

or some variation to equal the numbers out

I forgot about SMU; that would equal out the divisions at 8 teams

UTSA looks pretty good.  I suspect they will beat us.  QB just got wrecked though.

Edited by Rocky Style

I am looking at the bowl games for today, and I see that Rice whose record is 5-7 is playing in a bowl game. Is 5-7 really all it takes to get to a bowl game now? Really no excuses to not be playing in a bowl game in year 2, perhaps even year 1 under Coach Golesh. Anything less would be disappointing.