• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where was are Band at UCONN game??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  662
  • Days Won:  0

Katie- Bulls and Beer is from the old school, back when the Sundolls didn't travel.  Don't feel bad...all-girl used to never travel back when we were "JV" many years ago.  Some people still seem to think that all-girl shouldn't travel since with 8 girls we can only build 2 stunts whereas coed can build 4 (one guy and one girl).  Don't take it to heart though...there are plenty of people who like to watch you guys.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  157

Chicky is right, people do like to watch you, I am one of thoes people. Ill be in orlando cheering you guys on but...

The main focus of taking spirit squads to the away games is to lead the crowd.  Your main focus is to dance. The CHEERleaders focus is to get the few hundred fans at an away game as lowd as possible.  This is not what the sundolls do.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19

Everyone still calls that song #8?  That's so awesome!  I'm sure I even have my original flipfolder around here somewhere.

I'm actually floored that fans outside the band call it #8 too!

As for travel.... I only wish the oldschooler's like myself had the opportunity to travel to the in-state opponents)

~Andy

HOT Alumni 99-01

• Content Count:  193

i give up. guess people will think what they want to.

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

The SunDolls are part of the SPIRIT SQUADS. Notice  the word spirit. I never said we take the place of megaphones, nor is cheering our main focus. But it is part of what we do at the games! It makes me so outraged to hear someone say that we shouldn't travel. I can't begin to tell you how happy the people in Syracuse were that we were there. We got SO many compliments...

Thanks for the congrats but I'm still pissed.

She is right... cheerleaders, sundolls, and the HOT band are all "spirit squads"and are all trying to get you in the game.  

(I think the band's the best at it... haha... but thats becuase we have 230 people blowing into metal objects... )

• Content Count:  193

^yeah, the band does an awesome job...hell, you guys start cheers sometimes!

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066

Katie,

We love ya!  You gals do an awesome job.  Do you like our count-offs for ya at the b-ball games?..."5, 6, 5-6-7-8!"  hehehe  :P

Sincerely,

Herd of Thunder Marching Band 2005, Mellophone