• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where was are Band at UCONN game??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  295
  • Days Won:  0

I am proud the cheerleaders where there..they did a great great job :-* :-* ::)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) we also bused the team to Miami :'(

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10

As Assistant Director of the Herd of Thunder, I can tell you the band is ready and raring to go to any game we can.  We did travel to Miami this year (thanks to Athletics supplementing our tight budget), and we will go to the bowl game if we make it.  Our top priority is to support the football team in every way!

That being said, to send 230+ people to any away game is not easy for any athletic program, finanically or logistically.  Louisville's band did NOT travel to Raymond James, and 95% of the teams we have played at home have not brought any band at all.  Most often the only schools who can afford to send their bands are the ones in the state, like UCF and FAMU (it was great to have them here this year!).  That's also why we were able to make it to Miami.  While it would have been great to go to the UConn game...flying, feeding, boarding, and transporting the entire band up there would have cost well over $100,000.  We enoy a great relationship with Athletics, but that's so much money any program would think twice about it.

But if you like having the band at games as much as we like performing at them--express your support to the athletic administration, and consider making a donation to the Herd of Thunder.  Visit our website at http://band.arts.usf.edu if you feel moved to make a monetary contribution.  It will be very much appreciated and will help to fund such activities as away travel.  Thanks for your support!!

Sincerely,

Matthew Buckmaster

Assistant Director of Athletic Bands

University of South Florida

You guys do a great job..and I for one suport you..just wish and hope that message gets out there to everyone..we need to support are band as well as the team..nothing like going to a game and have you guys there...they were great in Miami..thanks so much..and thanks for that info..keep up the good work..I dont think the band gets enough credit for what you do for the school ..again thanks

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10

Thanks for the kind words and support!  We really do appreciate it!

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

i wonder if they'll have the "adult entertainment" bus outside of the WVU game like they did at the bucs game this past weekend

:owow..what a great idea for a fun raiser :P

• Topic Count:  137
  • Content Count:  866

Mr B.

How can I get a CD with your greatest hits on it?  Like Number 8, the Theme from Rocky, all the stuff that gets me fired for the game?  Do you sell it anywhere?  

I'm loving the "Hey Baby" at basketball games... I've been to 3 C-USA basketball tournaments and the majority of bands there played it and sounded great.  Are there any other songs where you guys can sing, and eventually get the crowd to sing as well?  Memphis had a GREAT song when we went there in March with a big "WOOOOO" thing that the entire crowd did, it was pretty awesome.

And keep those kids pounding the chairs in front of them when we're on defense in the second half... it sounds great!

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,142

YEA HOT!!!

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,142

USFCollin,

As I understand it, a CD should be coming out after the first of the year.  We spoke to Mike (the band director) at the Homecoming parade and he said they were just finishing it.  The Alumni Assoc. does have a sample Cd with March Victorious, The Alma Matter, and the fight song- no number 8, though.