• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Something to Ponder...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

Well, back to the original point of the thread: Would Leavitt coach our bowl game if he accepts an offer from K-State in between?

IMO, he wouldn't coach on principle. He knows it wouldn't be fair that while the staff and players where worrying about just on thing, the bowl game, he was also concerned about the K-State job.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

The name most closely associated with being at the top of the list is South Florida coach Jim Leavitt, who was on Snyder’s staff at K-State from 1990 to 1995. Weiser won’t speak about anybody directly, however.

“I’m not confirming or denying anything. I’ve tried in a diplomatic way to say I’m not commenting,†he said. - KC Star

Dimel has talked with the perceived top target, South Florida's Jim Leavitt, with whom he is close. - Witchita Eagle

And where exactly does this state that he has "agreed in principle" to ANY deal?

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

And where exactly does this state that he has "agreed in principle" to ANY deal?

Beat me to it ......... and where are the links? I don't think I trust your interpretation of things.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Meyer did it at Utah...

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  231

I doubt he would leave if USF gives him any kind of new commitment. If they bump him $200K he is looking at almost breaking even with Kansas state income tax and the cost of relocating.

Then considering the "dream job" label, his home, his daughter who would probably not move with him and a better BCS situation here.

That said I doubt he would even consider staying for a bowl game. He is all business about stuff like that and would be on his way to Kansas if he took the job to prepare for the next game.

So my answer remains the same: No. Especially if its only about a hundered thousand dollars.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Thanks for THAT link but where's the one with the big time people saying Leavitt has agreed in principle with KSU?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

If you think for a minute that a) Jim Leavitt wants to leave USF for KSU and B) USF is going to let him leave without a fight, you're letting UConn fueled emotion play too big a piece in your logic.

Guys, Woolard has already gone public that he is working to keep Leavitt - do you think he would go public like that and fail?  

Keep in mind, as others have posted, CJL BUILT THIS PROGRAM.  THIS IS HIS.  While there may be some "fans" upset over playcalling or quarterback play, there is no doubt CJL has delivered a healthy return on investment for USF.  

I think speculation is cool...but hasty unsubstantiated speculation can backfire on this team before we play Saturday and before Doug Woolard can do his work.  Let's be careful not to turn fans against CJL without reason and in turn damage support for this team on Saturday.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I think it's only natural to be worried when a bigger, stronger bully is coming up to you and trying to steal your lunch money.

That being said, I think Jim stays.  Before it's all said and done, buildings and roads on campus will be named after him.  

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  894

I by no means am trying to stir-up hasty, unsubstantiated speculation, just bringing up something that hasn't been mentioned or probably even thought about, but could be a reality in a few weeks (no matter how slim we may feel the chances are.)

I am a supporter of CJL and don't want to see him going anywhere for a long time, obviously given the program keeps moving in the right direction.

As many others do, I feel that USF has many more things to offer over both the short and long-term, but in the end it is a decision that needs to be made by CJL and his family. He does have ties to Manhattan, he may see the allure of rebuilding that program the way he has built ours, and lets not forget that the almighty dollar can change a person's mind real quick.

My hope is that AD Wollard is living up to his words and there are things being done everyday behind the scenes to keep CJL here in Tampa. Obviously the feeling would be that they would try to keep these things out of the media to not cause distraction, but at the same time, you hear a lot more about CJL heading the short list at K-State than you do about us doing everything in our power to keep him here.

If I had my way, it would already be taken care of, the offer would be out there and the contract signed, then none of this is an issue and we can put full focus on the tasks at hand.

Obviously its not the same situation financially or otherwise, but at the first hint of Charlie Weis being wooed away from Notre Dame by an NFL team, Notre Dame ponied up the cash and got him locked up long-term in less than a week. I just feel that the least we can do is get the offer out ther and show CJL how much we want him here versus letting K-State make the first move and us having to take the reactionary stance.