• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How You Are Hurting My Beloved Alma Mater

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

No membership is being pulled...at least not SCMountaineer.  He's been posting here for quite some time and has provided thought provoking, articulate and interesting posts while utilizing extremely competent writing skills...   ::)

smazza may need to be stripped of his Director of Hospitality title.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812
  • Days Won:  0

it is scmountainneer smozza

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Actually SCmountaineer I think he was responding to my post so don't take it personal.  I just felt your post was right on target and I find it sometimes embarresing how some folks on here carry on and are so dam negative.  By the way I think recruiting was brought up here so here is my 2 cents worth(no not bringing that thread up again).  Try this spin for a new recruit - Hey, <insert name> we where two wins away from playing in a BCS Bowl game and you may be the guy that makes the difference !  So come to USF.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

Now, I may be biased, but if I were considering coming to USF to play, I'd probably already know how they tanked against Pitt and more notably UCONN. I'm sorry but criticism is part of the big time...but if you want to follow blindly go ahead.

If you think the players "tanked" games against Pitt and Uconn, implying they gave up, you're wrong.  These players try their hardest, and I root for them whatever the situation is.  I understand football, and I don't follow blindly, but these players are student/athletes, they aren't paid.  So if you are quick to criticize everything, you should be ashamed.  They eat, sleep, play football, and go to school.  The effort is there.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

smazza, you may want to check with Brad, before you go telling people their membership has been pulled.  I, like many others here, like it when fans from other teams show up.  It makes for far more interesting discussions.

Me thinks some take smazza a little too seriously at times .....

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  48

Okay, perhaps I was demonstrating an "outsider's" sensitivity?  First, thanks dabull80 but, I think, smazza nailed both of us whether it was intented or not.  You for listening to what he considers polemical of Bull doctrine and me for being that polemic.  I would have preferred that he challenge my remarks directly, however, rather than employing the dismissive "outsider" technique.  Three questions though.  If I'm a member of this board, am I still considered an outsider simply because I'm a WVU fan?  Do I have to wait for a pod to be placed near where I'm sleeping to achieve full Bullintegration?  Can I not be granted dual-citizenship every day but game day?

Anyway, the reply to smazza was not one of my finer moments and, although it was nice of you to say so Bulliever, it is certainly not a post I would characterize as thought-provoking, articulate, interesting, or competent.  :D Hence, the ol' rolleyes I suspect.  ::) I also made another mistake...being unfamiliar with the board I was assuming that post count = standing in the community.  Judging by what I've read in various posts and threads here, I can see that it absolutely does not.   lmfao.gif

Going forward, I'll try to thicken the skin as well as make a conscious effort to ignore smazza undertheweather.gif altogether.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Me thinks some take smazza a little too seriously at times .....

Sorry, I forgot to add a smiley.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Sorry, I forgot to add a smiley.

You shouldn't have had to. I should have realized  ............  8)

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Anyway, the reply to smazza was not one of my finer moments and, although it was nice of you to say so Bulliever, it is certainly not a post I would characterize as thought-provoking, articulate, interesting, or competent.  :D Hence, the ol' rolleyes I suspect.  ::)

No... the roll eyes,  ::), was because smazza's posts seldom, if ever, match the description of "thought provoking, articulate and interesting ... while utilizing extremely competent writing skills!".   ;D  He's ours and we do treasure his presence - but he is very moody and overly negative lately.  Glad you'll stick it out with us.  Nice to have another knowledgable voice from the WVU side.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  48

No... the roll eyes,  ::), was because smazza's posts seldom, if ever, match the description of "thought provoking, articulate and interesting ... while utilizing extremely competent writing skills!".   ;D  He's ours and we do treasure his presence - but he is very moody and overly negative lately.  Glad you'll stick it out with us.  Nice to have another knowledgable voice from the WVU side.

Gotcha and, yep, I wanna kick the tires on this site a little more and take her for a test spin.  You've got some real entertaining characters on here.  I'll check my musket at the door.   ;)