• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How You Are Hurting My Beloved Alma Mater

Guest Derrick Foster

It's kind-of funny how a lot of you on here sit on your fat a$$es and discuss topics of this nature. Great class on the part of whoever put up the site firerodsmith.com. Who's really the 5-year-old? You should, if you haven't already, send a letter to Jim Leavitt to try to get Rod Smith fired. This way he can laugh at it and throw your trash into his trash. At least he's smart enough to know that if coaches start to succumb to the whims of the average fan, nothing will ever get done.

Furthermore, why don't some of you try to get into the coaching profession? Then, when you get sick of working 100+ hour work weeks, you'll fold under the pressure and quit (or get fired for complaining like you always do). Perhaps then you'll shut up.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

interesting debate

I am not a big fan of the whole FRS site. I went to it once or twice to see it. If someone wants to put together a web site like this, no one can stop them. They don't have to be Bulls fans either.

Does it hurt the program? Not sure how much it impacts it but it doesn't seem like a positive step to have that kind of negative outlook. It's not much worse than a negative post probably.

My guess is that in the grand scheme of things, this is not a deciding factor about what anyone does, short of writing a thread stating how much one detests this type of behavior. If a recruit jumps ship because of a site like this I would be very surprised.

Does Rod Smith deserve to be treated this way? Anyone in the public eye is fair game. This is far from the worst I've ever seen. If we ever have any OU farks about the subject, that will indicate more of a big time situation. Otherwise, it's just another slight on the school to heap on top of the huge pile of other insults and misconceptions about USF.

Is Rod Smith to blame for it all? As much as the rest fo the staff-- it takes a team to lose a game like that. But then again, chit happens. I think I will get over it. It won't change how I feel about the Bulls or influence me to demand changes. It's Coach Leavitt's call all the way-- and in him, I trust BLINDLY. I readily admit that, even if it means I don't question everything that goes on.

I would have liked to see a different approach to the whole goal line situation. But as someone stated-- if it works, you are a hero. If it doesn't, instant goat. I would not have bet on that trickeration if I was trying to avoid the goat situation. I would be kicking the field goal. And hoping to have one more defensive stand. We had UConn on the ropes (for the most part) as we had hurt their QB (he stopped throwing at all and is doubtful this week).

But Monday morning QBs are rarely ever wrong in their analysis. I hated the end of that game, but it happens. moving on....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

What good does this Fire Rod Smith stuff do? The answer is none. Do you really think Doug Woolard or Jim Leavitt, professionals, are going to make a decision based on what a couple of uninformed fans think? There is so much that happens on a team that none of us know about. This  stuff effects the way players play, the plays coaches call, etc.

What harm does this do- a lot. It distracts the coaches and players, it hurts people, and directly effects recruiting. There is a QB at Hillsborough High right now who can player wherever he wanst. For us to get him would be a coup. The coach staff has worked years to make inroads so he thinks about us and not just UF/FSU, but when comes home and sees "FIreRodSmith.com" on the BayNews 9 or hears about from a friend, you negate the work that our staff has done. YOU ARE HURTING THE PROGRAM.

(I only read this, and most of page 1)

Bottom line is this: Recruits arent stupid.

Recruits watch us play. Recruits talk to people. Recruits watch tv and listen to the radio.

If a recruit is considering USF, he already knows what we all know and that is that Rod Smith must go. If I was a recruit, and the fans werent in an uproar over this subject, I'd be disappointed. I'd be under the impression that they dont care....or that they are satisfied with being  mediocre AS A PROGRAM.

Think about it...

Remember Jim Leavitt's own words:

"You can't do anything without a great staff," Leavitt said. "This staff has worked extremely hard. We went into this year, most people thought we might win a couple. We've shown a little more than that. We're disappointed about (last week's 15-10 loss to Connecticut), but isn't that a great thing that people are disappointed we didn't win a Big East championship?"

-- Excerpt from http://www.sptimes.com/2005/12/01/Sports/Big_raise_locks_up_Le.shtml

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812

I posted the e-mail address for the Mieneke bowl chairman on this board and I e-mailed him saying if Bulls are chosen I will travel to game. I would rather see a web site that said Bulls go to Mieneke  bowl or efforts in that direction.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  48

sad day when  ANY one of us would give a rats A$$  what an outsider would think\

Well screw you too @sshole.  With that, you can pull my membership.  If you simply want an inbred bullorgy on this board, then just say so during registration so "outsiders" won't waste their time here.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812

Smazza does not speak for all members of this board

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

Sometimes he doesn't even speak for himself, he just posts willy-nilly. Outsiders are always welcome.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

scmountainman-consider your membership pulled

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

scmountainman-consider your membership pulled

smazza, you may want to check with Brad, before you go telling people their membership has been pulled.  I, like many others here, like it when fans from other teams show up.  It makes for far more interesting discussions.