• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GarySJ once had an idea...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501
  • Days Won:  0

Okay,

Nominees are flooding in...

Here is the way I think this should work (when we're ready).  This is based on suggestions received.

Personally, I don't think anyone should be locked up, but then again the repetitive blathering can be unbearable.

Nominees are given a $/per day based on their number of posts - giving more senior board members a minor reprieve in that it will cost a little more per day to lock up those posters that have been with us for years.

One the total comes in we calculate the number of days they get in "The Box".  The individual has the choice to do their time in The Box or buy their way out by equaling the board's total monetary donation.

If someone gets locked up more than five consecutive days, a predetermined parole board may consider giving them weekends out of The Box for conjugal visits and what not.

Get your nominees in...

I am not sure we want to do this as a fund raiser since some of our friends and fellow board members may not enjoy their time in The Box.  But still, get your nominees in as I would like to have them handy should the outcry related to CJL's contract or this weekend's game become unbearable.

Thanks,

Warden Bulliever

Why don't you start a new thread for this and pin it up on the board as a fundraiser so it won't get lost?  

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I think this might be the worst idea I've seen on the board Brad to be honest with ya. You take a good chance of running people off... or pissing on someone's Wheaties when it really comes down to it. This is the one thing I look forward to doing religiously every day. It's my escape... being locked up... not being able to post... whatever the ramifications... would be ******** when you need something to get over a long day. Just my two cents. Sorry for going against the crowd on this one...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

I think this might be the worst idea I've seen on the board Brad to be honest with ya. You take a good chance of running people off... or pissing on someone's Wheaties when it really comes down to it. This is the one thing I look forward to doing religiously every day. It's my escape... being locked up... not being able to post... whatever the ramifications... would be ******** when you need something to get over a long day. Just my two cents. Sorry for going against the crowd on this one...

True Terry, and that is why we have not acted on this suggestion in the past...but when many board members ask for the "ignore button" for the same reason for the same fellow members, this may be a good alternate solution.

Likewise, I think many would take it in stride...as a matter of fact, one board member has asked to toss me in the The Box....I could handle that (clearly much easier if I am out of town for the week...   ;) ).

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  172

I am against it for the same reasons Terry states. Interesting concept, but it could backfire badly.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,212

What about being able to post but only as a "jailbird"., with a "special" avatar?  It would be all in fun. Those that deserve it would probably like the notoriety anyway.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

how about people that are willing to be put in the pen volunteer to be a candidate... i'd be willing to be put in the pen if the site profitting off it...

i'm sure many others would play along.   If a person is that much against it... then they can opt out of the game (and donate on the side, if they see fit ;) )

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,711
  • Days Won:  424

I am against it for the same reasons Terry states. Interesting concept, but it could backfire badly.

I'm really not seeing a downside to this. Anything that would help Brad defray the costs in here is a good thing. Anybody who would be run off because of this probably shouldn't be here in the first place. Heck, you've got Public Enemy #1a game for it ......  ;)

Still not sure what exactly we're supposed to do, though. Just PM Brad with one name or multiple names??

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

If you can't give up your posting habit for ONE DAY to help this site you've used for YEARS raise some coin to support itself, then you probably shouldn't be posting here.

I am as game as can be for this.  In fact, I hope someone jails me so I can double the donation and let myself out.

• Topic Count:  137
  • Content Count:  866

I'm calling Shenanigans on MikeG and Sheriff...

If you NEED to post on this board so badly while serving your sentence, pony up and buy your way out!  This is a great idea Brad, DO IT!!

The First Annual Bulliever's Jailbreak... we could get a title sponsor (who would get 3 Penalty Boxes for themselves with NO buyout) and everything!  

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

The First Annual Bulliever's Jailbreak... we could get a title sponsor (who would get 3 Penalty Boxes for themselves with NO buyout) and everything!  

I love it.  The power to lock three assclowns up for a day with no buyout.  I'll start the bidding at $50.   ;D