• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF players and the Transfer Portal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,143
  • Days Won:  39

1 minute ago, smazza said:

we will be bottom feeders for the foreseeble future

I am not sure how you can even recruit out of the bottom with this model.  If you can't even hold on to 2-3 good players.  Looks like we give all this NIL out and don't retain anything.  I guess the NIL has to attract random unprovens.

So if your best player on the team leaves on Jan 05, I guess you are supposed to replace them by the next signing day?  And hopefully this person hasn't early signed already?  Just wondering how this is supposed to work.  Let's say for example if you didn't know they were leaving yet and weren't recruiting heavily in that direction.

The college football transfer portal window opened on December 5th, 2022 and closes 45 days later on January 18, 2023.

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

1 minute ago, Rocky Style said:

So if your best player on the team leaves on Jan 05, I guess you are supposed to replace them by the next signing day?  And hopefully this person hasn't early signed already?  Just wondering how this is supposed to work.  Let's say for example if you didn't know they were leaving yet and weren't recruiting heavily in that direction.

The college football transfer portal window opened on December 5th, 2022 and closes 45 days later on January 18, 2023.

Yeah, the system is ridculous

1 minute ago, olafberserker said:

Yeah, the system is ridculous

It makes me think that ironically you have to heavily recruit at your best positions because they will be poached first.  LOL.  What a joke.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  883
  • Days Won:  1

Win and create a winning culture and the starters will stay. It's been the wild west for recruiting/transfers since the COVID exemptions, and will be for the foreseeable future. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

9 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Win and create a winning culture and the starters will stay. It's been the wild west for recruiting/transfers since the COVID exemptions, and will be for the foreseeable future. 

Not necessarily

22 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

It makes me think that ironically you have to heavily recruit at your best positions because they will be poached first.  LOL.  What a joke.

Not only that, the size of the window is ridiculous.  

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,850
  • Days Won:  22

At the end of the day, the future of USF Football will depend on who can Golesh recruit, build and keep at USF. I’m not surprised that we are losing some our best players after the change. If Golesh ends up being a good HC, he will find those players that will produce just as those that left. Don’t forget that none of those leaving and produced here were highly rated when they arrived.

So with that said I will root and support those that choose to come and play at USF. Go Bulls

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

So with that said I will root and support those that choose to come and play at USF. Go Bulls

I know it's best for the players but I am unfortunately a USF fan.  I can't root for competitors.  

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  807
  • Days Won:  1

We previously hired and ultimately fired a first time head coach. All of these kids transferring have seen the growing pains that come along with that. Instead of hiring a competent and experienced head coach like Tom Herman, MK hired another coach who has never been a head coach at any level previously. It shouldn't be surprising that kids players are bailing. 

1 minute ago, BrowardBull17 said:

We previously hired and ultimately fired a first time head coach. All of these kids transferring have seen the growing pains that come along with that. Instead of hiring a competent and experienced head coach like Tom Herman, MK hired another coach who has never been a head coach at any level previously. It shouldn't be surprising that kids players are bailing. 

I hear what you are saying, but I don't the Tom Herman thing is a factor.  It's more about the state of things and trying to maximize exposure and hit a buzzer beater career wise.

Edited by Rocky Style