• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Coach Scott

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, olafberserker said:

You're a spinning, rambling machine ... GB > Timmy ... end of story/

GB had a better game than we saw from Timmy yes. His turnovers are a concern. I think he has more raw talent but it has not worked out until tonight. Based on what I saw of his tape at Baylor last year. I expected him to produce every game like tonight in the AAC. He has 5 TDS and 8 turnovers. That is a red flag.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

6 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

GB had a better game than we saw from Timmy yes. His turnovers are a concern. I think he has more raw talent but it has not worked out until tonight. Based on what I saw of his tape at Baylor last year. I expected him to produce every game like tonight in the AAC. He has 5 TDS and 8 turnovers. That is a red flag.

Tonight was our first game in the AAC prior to this we played 3 P5 schools and FCS Howard.  he movd the ball well against Howard and he had his moments in other games even though he wasn't perfect.  The defense is awful, there has been a ton of dropped passes, and the coaching staff is inept.  He has to try and carry the team to give us a shot at victory.   He could shat the bed the rest of the season and he's still better than Timmy and it isn't even close.   You just don't want to admit it because you backed yourself into a corner by popping off about him and you cant admit you were wrong.  

Edited by olafberserker

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

1 hour ago, Ghostbuster said:

Sold.

Don't need any other details after that point.  Tired of doing the opposite.

This is why it is good that MK makes decisions and not us fans.

Edited by FazaUSF

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

1 minute ago, FazaUSF said:

This is why it is good that MK makes decisions and not us fans.

Yeah it's working out really great with MK making the hires.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

5 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

You just don't want to admit it because you backed yourself into a corner by popping off about him and you cant admit you were wrong.  

We have so much more to discuss....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Tonight was our first game in the AAC prior to this we played 3 P5 schools and FCS Howard.  he movd the ball well against Howard and he had his moments in other games even though he wasn't perfect.  The defense is awful, there has been a ton of dropped passes, and the coaching staff is inept.  He has to try and carry the team to give us a shot at victory.   He could shat the bed the rest of the season and he's still better than Timmy and it isn't even close.   You just don't want to admit it because you backed yourself into a corner by popping off about him and you cant admit you were wrong.  

I never said Timmy ws the golden Goose. I had his turnovers and play have not been great. I even said he had a great game. Timmy didn't want to be here and lost his job in the controversial competition according to Timmy's dad(biased source). Timmy's dad appears to be right about this coaching staff and there was a group call with other players parents talking about it. Gerry B has been a let down for the most part until tonight. Unfortunately he made a mistake when the game was still close and he gave it is all. Unfortunately our defense and bad coaching we have to score on every chance we get to stay in the game. He produced well tonight but 5 tds to 8 turnovers is not a good for a college QB any way you spin it. I have been stating that Gerry B was our best chance to turn this team around this season and it hasn't worked out do to his mistakes and receivers. I hope today is a start of things to come.  He played better than Timmy ever did tonight.

2 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

Yeah it's working out really great with MK making the hires.

There's tons of crappy teams with crappy coaches around the NCAA.  There are other aspects to MK's job besides hiring coaches.  CJS will be let go in due time unless there is some kind of miraculous turnaround.   It's a lot easier for us fans to "fire" guys from our couches than it is in real life

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

I never said Timmy ws the golden Goose. I had his turnovers and play have not been great. I even said he had a great game. Timmy didn't want to be here and lost his job in the controversial competition according to Timmy's dad(biased source). Timmy's dad appears to be right about this coaching staff and there was a group call with other players parents talking about it. Gerry B has been a let down for the most part until tonight. Unfortunately he made a mistake when the game was still close and he gave it is all. Unfortunately our defense and bad coaching we have to score on every chance we get to stay in the game. He produced well tonight but 5 tds to 8 turnovers is not a good for a college QB any way you spin it. I have been stating that Gerry B was our best chance to turn this team around this season and it hasn't worked out do to his mistakes and receivers. I hope today is a start of things to come.  He played better than Timmy ever did tonight.

You're getting closer, but the only one spinning is you .... 

Timmy's dad didn't have a problem with this coaching staff until Timmy rightfully lost his starting gig.  He was right about one thing ... there was no real competition because GB is that much better than him right now

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

Just now, olafberserker said:

There's tons of crappy teams with crappy coaches around the NCAA.  There are other aspects to MK's job besides hiring coaches.  CJS will be let go in due time unless there is some kind of miraculous turnaround.   It's a lot easier for us fans to "fire" guys from our couches than it is in real life

I have defended the job MK has done in the past BECAUSE of his fundraising and getting facilities on track.

I only commented on his hiring record for football which is pretty much the worst hire in college football.  I mean if you can't acknowledge that 1-22 or whatever it is against FBS is a hire that is not working out I don't know what to tell you.  And I only commented on his hiring bc someone snidely said 'good thing he makes the calls and not me'...but that comment in itself is HILARIOUS.  I honestly don't know how someone can type something like "thankfully MK makes the decisions" and hit send without realizing they walked into a bear trap.  

If your coaching hire has 1 FBS win in 3 years there is a **** good chance a fan could have picked a name out of a hat and done better than you.  Doesn't mean they can do the rest of the AD job, but holy crap they could have lost as many games just as easily and odds are won more.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

@olafberserker, @Outlaw

You have gotten so wrapped up in the tit for tat that the Fire Coach Scott thread no longer addresses Coach Scott.

Any other comments like this will lead to a warning and a post delete.  This incessant hairpulling is unnecessary.

but the only one spinning is you ....