• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who gets fired first - Coach Gregory or Coach Scott?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

35 minutes ago, BullShirt said:

It would only be rabble rousing (or trolling - I'm looking at you Rocky Style) if you looked at it myopically and PRESUMED that anything and everything is limited to happening right now, in 2022 which personally I don't think it is.  I phrased the question exactly the way I did to see who is limited in their thinking to the seasons that are right in front of them and who might stretch their thinking out to 2023 or 2024 (and no one did).

A lot of people on this forum get very uncomfortable when someone disagrees with them.  With ALMOST 100% certainty I would say that if both coaches make it to the 2023 season and then one of them gets fired neither you nor Rocky Style (or others) would resurrect this thread and say "hey, you know what, you were right.  I see where you were going with this and now it makes sense".  But I knew that going in.

I wouldn't resurrect the thread because I can't even remember what happened yesterday, but I would definitely say you were right.  I just want the team turn around at this critical time.  I don't think we can afford another firing and rebuild, so I don't want to dwell on it.  I am not against trolling though.  That's part of the internet.  Everyone gets to get worked up and argue about things.  It's part of the fun.  🤔

23 minutes ago, BullShirt said:

I get the IPF, I really do, but I truly wonder if we're not losing something in the long run.  Games are played in the HEAT.  Games are played in the RAIN.  Games are played in the MUD.  If you don't practice in those conditions I wonder how prepared for them a team can truly be.   I just don't know.

I agree, but everyone says this is a big recruiting factor.  I guess we have to believe this 😀.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

29 minutes ago, BullShirt said:

Pretty important to who?  What 3 or 4 star recruit can you attribute that comment to?  You mean to tell me that a bunch of highly touted recruits have been wanting to play here but decided against it because we don't have an IPF?  Once USF has an IPF and an OCS what makes them different and more attractive than someone else?

I'll say this, when I played we HATED coming south later in the season when when it was hot.  We couldn't simulate that environment during practice.  And I know for a fact that other players HATED going north in the winter if they played down south.  They hated the cold.  I get to go to 2 or 3 bowl games a year and sometimes I get to go down on the side line.  I'm telling you, in December / January teams from up north really struggle with the heat.

I get the IPF, I really do, but I truly wonder if we're not losing something in the long run.  Games are played in the HEAT.  Games are played in the RAIN.  Games are played in the MUD.  If you don't practice in those conditions I wonder how prepared for them a team can truly be.   I just don't know.

Can't practice outdoors in lightning however. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

This. And didn't we cover the weather as being a non-factor in the outcome of games? I guess that was just the humidity. 

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Basketball team has been practicing indoors for years and they still suck

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  1

15 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I wouldn't resurrect the thread because I can't even remember what happened yesterday, but I would definitely say you were right.  I just want the team turn around at this critical time.  I don't think we can afford another firing and rebuild, so I don't want to dwell on it.  I am not against trolling though.  That's part of the internet.  Everyone gets to get worked up and argue about things.  It's part of the fun.  🤔

"I wouldn't resurrect the thread because I can't even remember what happened yesterday"

Man, I'm right there with you on that.  But I have to watch out for CTE and memory issues because of my playing days.  I get tested periodically.  So far so good.  My wife definitely does not like it when I forget to do something and say "It must be the CTE setting in" especially if it's something she wants me to do and she knows it's something I really don't want to.  But it's all good.

13 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Very true.  You can't practice outdoors in lightning today.  I'll give you that.

Just now, BullShirt said:

My wife definitely does not like it when I forget to do something and say "It must be the CTE setting in" especially if it's something she wants me to do and she knows it's something I really don't want to.  But it's all good.

Haha this is sadly the experience of all of us.  But it is funny!  

12 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

This. And didn't we cover the weather as being a non-factor in the outcome of games? I guess that was just the humidity. 

Trust me, weather can be a big factor for the players on the field.  Besides, look how many fans go down when it's 90 plus and they are not doing anything, well they are drinking so there is that.  :)

6 minutes ago, WWMJD said:

Basketball team has been practicing indoors for years and they still suck

Nice!

Maybe CBG should take em outside when they lose.  Coach Knight was downright maniacal if he felt his players lost a game because they didn't give 100% or made stupid mistakes.  I didn't go there but I know someone that played for him.  BUT , his players almost all universally LOVE him.  He really did care for them even after they graduated (or didn't graduate Isaiah Thomas).  Stories are legendary about things he did behind the scenes to help former players, their families, etc.  FWIW IT did eventually get his degree.  He said he got tired of Coach riding his you know what about it.  And Coach always played the trump card, BUT YOU PROMISED YOUR MOTHER YOU WOULD GET YOUR DEGREE!