• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Reality check

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

Well that is one way to spin another Loss . No progress was made but we have hope for the rest of the season. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

17 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I usually avoid this particular board like the plague after a loss but was feeling unusually masochistic, waded in, seeing the usual ..... haters relishing in the loss, some of the overly optimistic reacting like they've been personally defiled, the good ol' "I'm done with USF" eulogies, with a few rational "take a deep breath" observations thrown in ..... and my masochistic itch was scratched.

I still have no idea how the rest of the season will play out but, seriously, what the **** did you really expect for last night?? Even though preseason Top 25's are pretty ambiguous, they were still there for a reason ...... while we were coming in still searching for answers with one FBS win in two years. It would have been great if we had gotten some definitive answers last night but with two new coordinators/schemes and a lot new players, who most couldn't get a lot playing time on their previous team, what should realistic expectations have been. The first quarter went just about how I feared, although didn't anticipate the first play from scrimmage td. BYU going no huddle against an "inexperienced" D was a brilliant move. The game was over at that point.

Bottom line, all things considered, not sure how much of a gauge last night was in how the season will play out. This year could mirror the last two or we could show improvement as the year progresses. The Chicken Littles see the former .... the rest of us are hoping for the latter.

BTW, last season P5 opener we got shut out 45-0 by a, hopefully, worse team than BYU so we got that going for us ...

Great points! I waited until I got some sleep before I looked at this board lol. It helped me not to over react. I saw a lot of things that can be fixed soon. Hopefully the defense feels embarrassed and comes out kicking tail moving forward. If they do that I feel we see us in a bowl game. Go Bulls!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

34 minutes ago, Triple B said:

but, seriously, what the **** did you really expect for last night??

I'm still wondering what did some really expect against Wisconsin, yet that comes up frequently.  :roflmao:

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

I'm still wondering what did some really expect against Wisconsin, yet that comes up frequently.  :roflmao:

And after this game, hopefully we never ever hear again about the "weather" advantage we have over teams coming in from certain areas ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  581
  • Days Won:  0

38 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I usually avoid this particular board like the plague after a loss but was feeling unusually masochistic, waded in, seeing the usual ..... haters relishing in the loss, some of the overly optimistic reacting like they've been personally defiled, the good ol' "I'm done with USF" eulogies, with a few rational "take a deep breath" observations thrown in ..... and my masochistic itch was scratched.

I still have no idea how the rest of the season will play out but, seriously, what the **** did you really expect for last night?? Even though preseason Top 25's are pretty ambiguous, they were still there for a reason ...... while we were coming in still searching for answers with one FBS win in two years. It would have been great if we had gotten some definitive answers last night but with two new coordinators/schemes and a lot new players, who most couldn't get a lot playing time on their previous team, what should realistic expectations have been. The first quarter went just about how I feared, although didn't anticipate the first play from scrimmage td. BYU going no huddle against an "inexperienced" D was a brilliant move. The game was over at that point.

Bottom line, all things considered, not sure how much of a gauge last night was in how the season will play out. This year could mirror the last two or we could show improvement as the year progresses. The Chicken Littles see the former .... the rest of us are hoping for the latter.

BTW, last season P5 opener we got shut out 45-0 by a, hopefully, worse team than BYU so we got that going for us ...

for some for some reason, the reaction over a loss is the same as a demolishing of an FCS opponent.

Thank you for the reality check!

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

And after this game, hopefully we never ever hear again about the "weather" advantage we have over teams coming in from certain areas ....

BYU caught a break from that lightning delay. Rain cooled things off. 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

At fear of being slammed by @Outlaw, I can relate to a personal story where it was the last time I experienced something like that debacle last night.

I was coaching a brand spanking new AAU team made up of guys that I had either seen or coached elsewhere.  I coached to win everything no matter the opponent, but I knew this was a top tournament.  But knowing my guys, I had confidence I could get them through the game. 

We entered the tournament in the Gold (highest) division - where it became clear we did not belong.  In the first game everything went right for the opponent and everything wrong for us - and they already had a size and ability advantage.  We got drilled.  Beaten badly.  Our opponent had multiple DI signees to schools out here like Arizona, Utah, BYU and Nebraska - and it showed.

It was an eye-opener.  We looked totally unprepared, totally foreign to the game - like we never played before.  We were purely outclassed, literally. It was devastating.  

I felt that feeling last night from the chair of a fan.  I also know there is a huge discrepancy in where BYU is and where USF is.  Games like this, like mine a few years ago, can help a team get better.  I anticipate that's how this will be used by those that matter - the team.  

Those who doth protest, will use it too, methinks.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

Went exactly how i thought it would. That doesn't mean i was hoping for that.  Also, doesn't help with the dissapointment.

Oh well, off to Cardinals baseball.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

All we can do is hope this thing starts clicking. Alot can be corrected.....do our coaches know how to will be seen shortly I guess.

We all are waiting and hoping for that 2015 Syracuse type game....give anything for it to happen this year.

If it happens it's going to definitely feel like

Raining The Shawshank Redemption GIF

• Upvote 1