• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

27,204 . . . . Good Job USF Marketing **nm

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

Here is the fricken thing, I dont have to guess what they did to promote the game. Its not a mystery. Marketing should be aimed at the market, like a giant spotlight everyone should see it. What did you see to promote the game? Times (free) ads and thats about it. What about some TV spots? What about a promotion like free tickets on the radio or ch 44? Lemme see . . . . WHAT ABOUT SOME COACHES OR PLAYERS ON THE LOCAL NEWS!!! (also free)

Ask yourself, "What did I see that let me, and the casual fans know that I should be at the game?"

The answer: nothing. Which is what was done.

I think you will see the same for WVU, why would it change now its been like this since day 0ne.

Oh yeah you wanna talk about what they can do to keep Leavitt? Put some asses in the seats is probably #2 or #3.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  996

Research your facts,

USf was featured on the Toyota Sports Connection twice this week...

There were advertisements on Wild 98.7 and 93.3

They also advertised at all of the other sporting events on Campus...and they announced the Dec 3rd game against WVU several times on Sunday.

There were several articles in both the Trib and the St. Pete Times leading up to this game.  There was also a heavy push from the Student Bulls Club as well to get students out.  Maybe you didnt singled out and begged to come to the game, but if you need all of that, maybe you arent a true fan.

We are and will continue to get as many fans out to our games as possible....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Research your facts,

U...

We are and will continue to get as many fans out to our games as possible....

You go Gurl !

Don't make her make a sign  ;D

Wild 98.7 and 93.3 . . . . yeah not my demographic

I forgot, I did put a letter in an envelope under my pillow asking fans to come out.

Real - not sold attendence with no Noles and no Gators as an excuse was about 1/2 of announced wasn't it?

Gurl: What is your explanation to the PITIFUL attendence then?

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

You mean the tooth fairy didnt answer it? Maybe you needed to add a tooth or something to get her attention. ;D

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  996

I worked the game this week giving out beads and poms poms to fans and ran into an elderly couple from St. Pete who had never been to a Bulls Game before.  They heard about us on the news this week, had been big into some team up north, and came to check us out because they need a new team.  Not only did I hook them up with beads and shakers, I also bought the lady a USF t-shirt.  I thanked them both profusely for coming and I told them they better be back.  If they ever wanted to sit with the students, to come on down!  (obviously teasing about the students thing, but still) We are taking the right steps, but it takes time.  Instead of whining about it, maybe you should help spread the word as well.   Personally testimony will win more people over than a 30 second radio spot everyday.

Thanks for all you hard work, its very important if this thing is to ever take off.

I have been here for years and time has not been the answer. Maybe its a new era and things will happen but I am losing faith.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  184

I think USF marketing is taking the right steps for growing USF football.  The radio station partnerships were key, refering to WDAE "the sports animal" and WFLA "our Bulls flagship station."  I think they need to rethink their other media partnerships, but it is a good start.

Keep getting Jim Leavitt out there to talk to those stations.  If we beat UCONN, USF football will be all over the place in the media.  We should have a nice crowd.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

:-[

12,000 tickets sold over and above the season ticket base for a noon game against a non-flashy opponent is **** good at this point in our development .........

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I worked the game this week giving out beads and poms poms to fans and ran into an elderly couple from St. Pete who had never been to a Bulls Game before.  They heard about us on the news this week, had been big into some team up north, and came to check us out because they need a new team.  Not only did I hook them up with beads and shakers, I also bought the lady a USF t-shirt.  I thanked them both profusely for coming and I told them they better be back.  If they ever wanted to sit with the students, to come on down!  (obviously teasing about the students thing, but still) We are taking the right steps, but it takes time.  Instead of whining about it, maybe you should help spread the word as well.   Personally testimony will win more people over than a 30 second radio spot everyday.

What a sexy beast!