• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BE to provide 4 to 6 bowl teams...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386
  • Days Won:  0

...depending on whether Pitt can defeat W. Viriginia on Thanksgiving. (If Pitt beats WVa and USF beats UConn, then the USF/WVa game would be for the title, rather than co-champions.)

Ov            Conf

8-1 WVa    5-0    Pitt

6-3 USF     4-1    @UConn & WVA

5-5 Pitt      4-2    @WVa

7-2 Lou      3-2    Syr & @UConn

6-4 Rut      3-3    Cin

4-5 UConn 1-4    USF & Lou

Kizarvexis

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

That is true, but i'd rather have the cochampion scenario...

If Pitt beats WVU, and we beat WVU, Pitt could potentially still get the BCS bid at 6-5 because of the tie breaker... and that would just suck.  If neither USF or Pitt are ranked (which neither would be if we lost to UCONN), then the tiebreaker would go to Pitt since they beat us head to head.  WVU would be left out because of the fact that they lost to both of us, regardless of if they are ranked since the first thing that is looked at is record of the "mini-conference"

USF would be 2-1, Pitt would be 2-1, WVU would be 1-2.

Ideally, the best scenario for us is WVU winning against Pitt and then us winning out.  That would get us ranked, and that would get us the BCS bid.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

i dont care about all these stupid polls...win out and i spend the week after Christmas in some other city besides Tampa.

rooting for my Bulls.

thats all i care about

If Pitt beats WVU, and we beat WVU, Pitt could potentially still get the BCS bid at 6-5 because of the tie breaker... and that would just suck.  If neither USF or Pitt are ranked (which neither would be if we lost to UCONN), then the tiebreaker would go to Pitt since they beat us head to head.  WVU would be left out because of the fact that they lost to both of us, regardless of if they are ranked since the first thing that is looked at is record of the "mini-conference"

Ideally, the best scenario for us is WVU winning against Pitt and then us winning out.  That would get us ranked, and that would get us the BCS bid.

Nope.

If Pitt beats WVa and USF beats UConn and WVA, then USF is the BE champ.

In the scenario above...

USF would be 6-1 in conf

Pitt would be 5-2 in conf over

WVA who would also be 5-2 in conf and would have lost to Pitt.

Your scenario only works if Pitt beats WVa and USF loses to UConn and beats WVa. (Lou could be added as well if they beat Syr and UConn as they are 3-2 now.)

Kizarvexis

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

What does any of this matter?

Pitt won't beat WVU. We just need to keep our heads in the ground and make sure UConn doesn't feed us an upset.

I repeat. Scenarios in which Pitt beats WVU are pointless.

What does any of this matter?

Pitt won't beat WVU. We just need to keep our heads in the ground and make sure UConn doesn't feed us an upset.

I repeat. Scenarios in which Pitt beats WVU are pointless.

Who thought unranked Ga Tech would beat #3 Miami in Miami?

Granted Pitt beating WVa is not likely, but with Pitt at 5-5, they either win on Thanksgiving or stay home.

Kizarvexis

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

Huh?  Can you share the dope your are smoking, 'cause I just don't see it.

If USF wins out and Pitt beats WVU, then USF would be 6-1 in the BIG EAST and Pitt and WVU would be 5-2 in the BIG EAST.

We would win the BIG EAST because we would have the best conference record.

As the song says - "Pass the duchie on the left hand side"

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Nope.

If Pitt beats WVa and USF beats UConn and WVA, then USF is the BE champ.

In the scenario above...

USF would be 6-1 in conf

Pitt would be 5-2 in conf over

WVA who would also be 5-2 in conf and would have lost to Pitt.

Your scenario only works if Pitt beats WVa and USF loses to UConn and beats WVa. (Lou could be added as well if they beat Syr and UConn as they are 3-2 now.)

Kizarvexis

Kiz... reread my post... i said "That is true, but if we lost to UConn.. and then we had a 3 way tie... we wouldn't go unless we were ranked in the top 25, which wouldn't happen with a loss to UConn.

If we win out... pitt can't win the BCS... if we lose to UConn... that opens the door for Pitt and our game vs WVU would be irrelevent to us.

2 way tie... us and WVU... we go

3 way tie... us, Pitt, WVU... Pitt goes.

4 way tie... us (2-1), Pitt (2-1), WVU (1-2), Lville (1-2)...

Pitt goes... again, unless we end up ranked which wouldn't happen with a loss to UConn.

Hightech, I went back and Bolded the main points in my post... so i guess i'm not smoking crack after all... you guys just jumped the gun a bit.