• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's payback time for Jim

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

fwiw... there are not big name head coaches that would come here for that money, but you better believe someone like Charlie Strong a coordinator at UF would give us a good look... hey may be out of our reach, but there are many big coordinators that would make the move up

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

fwiw... there are not big name head coaches that would come here for that money, but you better believe someone like Charlie Strong a coordinator at UF would give us a good look... hey may be out of our reach, but there are many big coordinators that would make the move up

Rocky, we all thought the same when it came to basketball.  UF"s and MSU's assistants said, "Thanx but no thanx."  Just thought I'd toss that out.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

Although some of you think he will not be able to enjoy a raise with his lifestyle he still has a family to think about.  The only way I see Leavitt leaving is if at the end of the year , depending on our record, he doesn't feel appreciated by the administration.  If they don't offer him a raise or if they wait for him to ask for one then he'll be gone.  

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

Cee you are an idiot.....

Your new name on this board is South Tampa Cee.

you should be banned for name-calling.. and i sure as hell am not from south tampa.. i was born in tampa alright (women's hospital) and raised in brandon and **** proud of it

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

Cee, the reference was not to where you live. Other posters on this board know what I am talking about.  ;)

To make idiotic blanket statements with absolutely no foundation such as, "Butch Davis would have gotten us an on-campus stadium" warrants you being called an idiot. Remember, just because you state something as fact does not make it so.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Leavitt is already by far the highest paid individual at USF. President Genshaft makes around $330,000 (depending on whether you consider things like bonuses and living expenses, etc etc). We've grown extremely quickly, almost like a teenaged boy whose skin is starting to stretch because he's grown quicker than it can handle. While Leavitt deserves to soon be compensated as well as his Big East counterparts, it's a bit premature to be talking huge raises.

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

While Leavitt deserves to soon be compensated as well as his Big East counterparts, it's a bit premature to be talking huge raises.

seriously.  leavitt just needs to keep his mouth shut and do his job.. the day he outperforms his contract is the day he gets his raise.. hell, didnt he just sign an extension?  if he were to ask for more money now (a la T.O.), it would be ludicrious-- 1st, he hasnt even gotten to a bowl game yet, 2nd he hasnt recruited a solid qb (aside from blackwell luckily landing in his lap), 3rd he hasnt pulled enough dollars to get his football team their own stadium.. if he wants that money, he's gotta earn it.. and beating up 1AA teams to get to 1A status and even a bcs conference birth isnt enough

We've grown extremely quickly, almost like a teenaged boy whose skin is starting to stretch because he's grown quicker than it can handle.

thats gross.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

Rocky, we all thought the same when it came to basketball.  UF"s and MSU's assistants said, "Thanx but no thanx."  Just thought I'd toss that out.

I remember that, but I think our basketball and football situations are distinguishable enough that they would garner more attention

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

if he wants that money, he's gotta earn it.. and beating up 1AA teams to get to 1A status and even a bcs conference birth isnt enough

No Cee, all he has to do is take one of the offers he has received in the past from other schools if all he wants is money or from one of the schools that will offer him in the future.  And we are talking million plus a year.  I think BullDoug is closer to the truth when he says JL wants to build USF into a powerhouse.  

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

cee is 100%  correct

answer me this

list the number bcs coaches that haven't taken any team to bowl in their entire career?

than let us look at their salaries and see where leavitt is

leavitt hasn't done a thing to deserve a raise yet