• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

7 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I agree, it is not like it will be that hard, don’t remember the last time I watched the SEC game of the week or the big 10 noon games.  I liken it to hockey, I watch Dallas, a very small amount of TB and hardly anything else.  If they think they are going to get an NFL following on Saturday they are in for a rude awakening.

Exactly! I’m the same way. I will probably start watching the college football playoff again next season only because we should be seeing AAC champions included. I have no interest in watching P2.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

19 hours ago, Triple B said:

I only kick sand in the face of those that can take it .... what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

Take it, deserve it, and your point was valid however you can still bite me.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

27 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Take it, deserve it, and your point was valid however you can still bite me.

image.gif.697436ed0acfef6d8dc34726498825d8.gif

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  2,983
  • Days Won:  2

Thinking about the ACC and B12 and their most recent additions and the way they've jeopardized their standing by adding strong schools that put legacy members at risk of further consolidation or falling down in the line of value by promoting others.  If the P2 expand aren’t the new additions going to be thought of as more valuable to the them i.e., as potential members in the P2?  I mean the 4 corner schools in the B12 and Calford in the ACC?  Maybe not the SEC yet as they are obviously centered in the SE, but the B1G.  Guess that's why UNC, FSU and Clemson voted no to adding them to the ACC.  

I've often blamed this line of thinking as a factor for us being stuck in the AAC.  The B12 didn't want to have 2 FL schools (fear of giving away power from a texas-centric conference) and the ACC wasn't adding another FL school. 

I'm ready for the P2 to split.  Wave the white flag.

I'll put this here as money is what is driving realignment:

WWW.ESPN.COM

The CFP management committee meets this week with several topics swirling, including the number of playoff teams and the distribution of revenue and access.

According to the most recent data from the CFP, each of the Power 5 conferences received $79.41 million in the spring of 2023 (almost $400 million total). The Group of 5 conferences shared $102.77 million. Notre Dame received a payment of $3.89 million by meeting the NCAA's APR standard, while the other six independents shared $1.89 million.

• Like 1

In a story published last month, Yahoo Sports examined the situation with SMU, which accepted an invitation to the ACC expecting to get the full $6 million in annual CFP distribution that every other Power Five team receives. However, during a November meeting, commissioners did not support granting SMU Power Five distribution for 2024 and 2025. Such a concept needs unanimity.

ACC commissioner Jim Phillips expressed his disappointment in the situation to Yahoo Sports last month and recently introduced a compromise proposal that is expected to be further examined this coming week. At least two leagues, the SEC and Big Ten, do not support granting any more Power Five distribution to those teams elevating from Group of Five to the soon-to-be Power Four — a decision, they said, that was made months ago.

In an interview last month, Sankey pointed to the CFP’s longstanding rules around modifications to revenue policies. “You have to have a unanimous vote to alter revenue distribution and diminish somebody else’s revenue,” Sankey said. “That’s it.”

The situation with SMU is a window into what is poised to be the most hotly contested debate for any new CFP contract starting in 2026: the revenue distribution model.

Edited by Cat941
ETA

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

Torello has been pretty vocal on this front for some time

Not sure how much legitimate info he has. 

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

8 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

I wish they would break off already.