• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

10 hours ago, Cat941 said:

Never change Greg. SMH.  

Karma is a B.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

51 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Karma is a B.

As soon as his OK State Cowboys get invited to the SEC he is going to completely forget about all of this…..

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,001
  • Days Won:  2

6 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

As soon as his OK State Cowboys get invited to the SEC he is going to completely forget about all of this…..

Same for Brett.  Long-shot?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  149
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Cat941 said:

Never change Greg. SMH.  

I have a hard time believing eight schools from the ACC are attractive enough to other conferences ("have a place to go") - that combination of eight in particular. The SEC/B10 gain nothing by bloating their ranks with VT, NC State.

I'm slowly coming around to the idea that this guy just might be a bozo without all the internal knowledge he proclaims. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

30 minutes ago, Bull Gooner said:

I have a hard time believing eight schools from the ACC are attractive enough to other conferences ("have a place to go") - that combination of eight in particular. The SEC/B10 gain nothing by bloating their ranks with VT, NC State.

I'm slowly coming around to the idea that this guy just might be a bozo without all the internal knowledge he proclaims. 

Let's say the SEC and Big 10 take 2 each. 

The remaining ACC plus a few key additions (USF) is as strong as the Big 12. If schools in the ACC panic and run. I could see the Big 12 taking 4 of them. 

The sweet spot for USF is top 4 leave the ACC. ACC adds 3 which includes USF, and then we get a period of stability. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

Let's say the SEC and Big 10 take 2 each. 

The remaining ACC plus a few key additions (USF) is as strong as the Big 12. If schools in the ACC panic and run. I could see the Big 12 taking 4 of them. 

The sweet spot for USF is top 4 leave the ACC. ACC adds 3 which includes USF, and then we get a period of stability. 

This is my dream scenario.   Our efforts will pay off (I hope).  AAU, OCS, winning records in FB and MBB, etc.  Keep grinding. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

12 hours ago, Cat941 said:

Did some reading up on the NC BoG business yesterday when I couldn't read the article from the Observer that was posted. Essentially if a team wants to leave their current conference they have to provide the BoG with financial impact and validate why they should be able to go where they're going. I assume some of this is to financially protect the schools like Duke/Wake/NC State that would not be moving into a B1G or SEC.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

56 minutes ago, Bull Gooner said:

His "have a place to go" is banking on those who don't get B1G/SEC invites fleeing to the Big 12. Louisville, VaTech, and others have no appeal to B1G/SEC

1 minute ago, GoBulls84 said:

Did some reading up on the NC BoG business yesterday when I couldn't read the article from the Observer that was posted. Essentially if a team wants to leave their current conference they have to provide the BoG with financial impact and validate why they should be able to go where they're going. I assume some of this is to financially protect the schools like Duke/Wake/NC State that would not be moving into a B1G or SEC.

🤔  It seems the financial impact for UNC would be so great in a positive way since they would receive the uptick in revenue and research funding provided by joining the B1G.  Is that all they would need to say?  Sorry to the others!  

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

17 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

This is my dream scenario.   Our efforts will pay off (I hope).  AAU, OCS, winning records in FB and MBB, etc.  Keep grinding. 

The most interesting thing to me, what does Miami do. 

We know FSU is gone from the ACC. I am not sure Miami is one of the top 4 that gets the step up. If not, how does that impact us. 

Another wild scenario. SEC takes Miami and FSU. Then does the Big 10 look at us as a path to Florida. 

• Upvote 1