• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

2 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Not everyone but I’m sure some do wish they were at USF. Why you ask? Well for one they probably want to get to play in the game. Also Tampa Bay is a better place to live imo. I been to Tally and it is nice but it is no where near as special as Tampa Bay.

Yeah playing time and location would be things you would emphasize and try to de-emphasize playing these various Owls and whatnot.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,125
  • Days Won:  6

34 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

Yeah I’m sure everyone at FSU wishes they were at USF. Your apparent dislike of football is clouding your ability to reason.

Yea that is exactly what I said. 🙄

You might want to keep that strawman away from the fire.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

24 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Not everyone but I’m sure some do wish they were at USF. Why you ask? Well for one they probably want to get to play in the game. Also Tampa Bay is a better place to live imo. I been to Tally and it is nice but it is no where near as special as Tampa Bay.

After graduating from USF I moved to Gainesville for law school. Then I took a job in Tallahassee, met my wife, and had kids. The rest is history.

So I've been in Tallahassee now for about 20 years. Solid place to live, work, and raise a family. No regrets on how it all shook out.

But all that said, Tampa is home and always will be. I really do miss it and would seriously consider moving back if my wife and kids were on board (her family lives in Tallahassee). 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, TallyBull said:

After graduating from USF I moved to Gainesville for law school. Then I took a job in Tallahassee, met my wife, and had kids. The rest is history.

So I've been in Tallahassee now for about 20 years. Solid place to live, work, and raise a family. No regrets on how it all shook out.

But all that said, Tampa is home and always will be. I really do miss it and would seriously consider moving back if my wife and kids were on board (her family lives in Tallahassee). 

What I loved about Tallahassee was the change it has compared to what we have in Tampa. The hills up in Tally and trees are beautiful. It is a nice place for sure. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  1

Tampa Bay provides some of the highest quality of living in the US. Sure, it's become far more expensive over the last 3 years, but Tampa is one of the best all-around places to be. 

The problem with that? 18-21 year old football players don't care - they care about what is best for them and at that age - exposure, development, and cold hard cash are king. Now, some kids may go north and figure out the weather stinks and they transfer home, but they still went north to begin with. We have to become nationally relevant and competitive in exposure, development, and cold hard cash before "this is a nice place to live" starts to change kids' minds. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Tampa Bay provides some of the highest quality of living in the US. Sure, it's become far more expensive over the last 3 years, but Tampa is one of the best all-around places to be. 

The problem with that? 18-21 year old football players don't care - they care about what is best for them and at that age - exposure, development, and cold hard cash are king. Now, some kids may go north and figure out the weather stinks and they transfer home, but they still went north to begin with. We have to become nationally relevant and competitive in exposure, development, and cold hard cash before "this is a nice place to live" starts to change kids' minds. 

Great point! 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

17 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Students or players can transfer from FSU to USF at any time. Are they?

On a side note, been wondering if being in a metropolis actually is a bit of a detriment your football program? Seems like a lot of the best programs are in smaller cities where the college IS the town. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

26 minutes ago, MMW said:

Yea that is exactly what I said. 🙄

You might want to keep that strawman away from the fire.

No not exactly but it was inferred. 

I do like the straw man line though, seriously…going to have to remember it.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,125
  • Days Won:  6

25 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Everyone has egos and that not a slight.  We all do.

These are 18-year-old kids. The jocks are trying to get into the most prestigious programs athletically and the nerds are trying to get into the most prestigious school academically.

It's brutal because in both cases they could get squashed.  Harvard has the bottom quarter just like every other school. Those kids have never seen a b in their life and now they're in the bottom quarter.

Alabama has people that'll never see the field. Athletes that are probably freaks of nature.

It's a rare 18-year-old that would turn down either school if offered.

Edited by MMW
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

2 minutes ago, MMW said:

These are 18-year-old kids. The jocks are trying to get into the most prestigious programs

Still I would rather play than maybe play.