• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

27 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

I’ve yet to see anyone personally identify an actual tangible benefit from it. Wikipedia says the biggest benefit is “prestige” lol. Outside of that it looks like AAU schools get more research grants. Seems extremely narrowly focused compared to the benefit to the school and all alums from having a top tier athletic program.

PS I’m still waiting for my Fortune 500 employer to send me my congratulations and pay raise…unbelievably rude of them.

Lol, but your college athletics conference will get you that raise. Go tell MIT & all the Ivy League schools quick.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

4 minutes ago, BayIslandBull said:

Lol, but your college athletics conference will get you that raise. Go tell MIT & all the Ivy League schools quick.

Not sure anyone said college athletics will make us more money, just the opposite, we will enjoy spending more money as the level of competition improves and our interest expands as we find more enjoyment following our favorite team.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

4 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

Essentially enjoyment. A better Saturday experience and the ability to participate in water cooler talk again. 

In the event you are focused on word choice, I’m using tangible as defined in yellow. 

585B8AF4-131B-4891-9D36-2848EDB308C5.jpeg

Seems like that definition supports me more than you .... tangible=perceptible by touch. Your benefit is more feeling/enjoyment than anything else and that's not perceptible by touch.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

15 minutes ago, BayIslandBull said:

Actually…who you know and who likes you is the most likely way to move up in most business. Those relationship are built on things that are normally not work related…like sports. For example, I know the head of investment banking at a local financial firm loves Michigan. I know this because he mentions Michigan football in meetings any chance he gets. Guess what he’s never mentioned…Michigan’s AAU. Why? Because no one outside of a few academic departments benefiting from research grants actually cares.

Edited by 00Bull

24 minutes ago, Triple B said:

So what's the actual personal tangible benefit you would glean from USF going P5?

17 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Numerous personal intangible benefits though no tangible benefits,

Thank you for your support ...

Just now, Triple B said:

Seems like that definition supports me more than you .... tangible=perceptible by touch. Your benefit is more feeling/enjoyment than anything else and that's not perceptible by touch.

Refer to highlight: clear and definitive; real. 

Playing quality opponents with bigger crowds is certainly real/tangible. 

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

22 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

Actually…who you know and who likes you is the most likely way to move up in most business. Those relationship are built on things that are normally not work related…like sports. For example, I know the head of investment banking at a local financial firm loves Michigan. I know this because he mentions Michigan football in meetings any chance he gets. Guess what he’s never mentioned…Michigan’s AAU. Why? Because no one outside of a few academic departments benefiting from research grants actually cares.

Guess how he got the job? It wasn't because Michigan beat OSU...

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, BayIslandBull said:

Maybe he bet the old head  of investment banking if Michigan beats OSU I get your job.  Did he invest in Conor Stallions? 

8 minutes ago, BayIslandBull said:

He got the job because he knew someone, like most executives. Not because Michigan is 1 of 70+ schools with an AAU. 

31 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

Refer to highlight: clear and definitive; real. 

Playing quality opponents with bigger crowds is certainly real/tangible. 

Bigger crowds is certainly a tangible benefit for the school, more $, but how is bigger crowds a tangible benefit for a fan? Hell, the tangible effects on the fan of moving to a P5 is probably negative with higher ticket prices ....