• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

4 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

The more chaos in the college football realignment landscape the better. Keep those dominos falling…

bye bye bye justin timberlake gif GIF

You have to begin to understand and appreciate the fact that the "chaos" of which you speak is coming to an end. We have missed out on the last 4 rounds of "chaos." There appears to be 1 round of "chaos" left. After that, we will be eternally relegated to irrelevancy. I will always cheer for USF athletics no matter what, but to say that my desire has shriveled along with our future prospects to play meaningful football games would be an understatement. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

FSU is reportedly working with JPMC to raise cash for a ACC buyout. USF should take those stadium funds and help fund that cause. Win/win. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

24 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Location played a major part. If SMU was located in the Carolinas or Florida, the ACC would have ignored them ....

ACC Network subscribers in Dallas metroplex...

11 minutes ago, cophbulls said:

Let start winning first. 

SMU didn't have to win anything first. 0 conference championships and a very similar record to USF over the past decade. SMU's leadership took the chance that I had been advocating for years. Take a reduced share and prove your worth to the conference. I hope everyone enjoys the on-campus stadium while playing the likes of UNT, Charlotte, and our new rival, FAU. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

10 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Fans like me would be more supportive in droves, fans like you are the actual reason we are gleefully disappearing. Being content with failure because it’s not your actual family is not the virtue that you like to delude yourself that it is.

army smith GIFWell we are not disappearing, Sport!! USF is going to continue to grow wether you like it or not!! 

1 minute ago, Bull Matrix said:

army smith GIFWell we are not disappearing, Sport!! USF is going to continue to grow wether you like it or not!! 

Name one way in which USF's football program has "grown" in any appreciable way in the last 14 years? Aside from an indoor practice facility that was about a decade too late, we have stagnated and shriveled. Attendance is down. Season ticket holders are down. Our media deal is down. Our winning percentage is down. Local interest is down. Quality of opponent and conference is down. Our debt is about to increase substantially, so I guess there is that. 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

2 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Name one way in which USF's football program has "grown" in any appreciable way in the last 14 years? Aside from an indoor practice facility that was about a decade too late, we have stagnated and shriveled. Attendance is down. Season ticket holders are down. Our media deal is down. Our winning percentage is down. Local interest is down. Quality of opponent and conference is down. Our debt is about to increase substantially, so I guess there is that. 

image.png.ebfb92e72722bc223083d217285fc6ff.png

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  2,983
  • Days Won:  2

18 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

Yup. You could see some connection to the AAC profile with Calford, big city academic schools. But with only the little brother PNW schools left, those are 100% MWC schools. Makes no sense for them to be on an island for barely a higher payout in the AAC vs MWC. The slight lead the AAC has in TV money would have gone to fund their cross country travel anyway so might as well stay regional.

One thing that might be of value to the PNW teams is that the AAC is the only conference that has shown upward mobility for their teams.  One thing that USF is counting on, I'm sure.  Who knows.  

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

Easy. I remember in the earlier years it was hard to find people wearing USF gear. There was no serious talks about an OCS. There was not huge IPF. Basically the media didn’t even mention USF. Even when USF only won 4 games in 3 seasons their attendance is not that bad. USF has grown & will continue to grow.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

I remain of the opinion that USF getting LUCKY in 2003 has made a lot USF fans delusional about USF's place in the world of college football.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1