• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, BullyPulpit said:

Not a chance, but nice try. This all goes back to firing Leavitt and every poor decision that followed. Also, the school gobbling up all donations to gain AAU status. 

I agree with neglecting athletics to advance academics by Judy was terrible for the program. Firing Jim was the worst move for USf Football because he was USF Football and still is the face of it. I am just saying we could have won several games with decent coaching last year. If we had a average coach there were easily 3 wins on the table to take and probably more.

• Like 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Respect I Tell Ya GIF by Rodney Dangerfield
I tell ya, we don’t get no respect. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Respect I Tell Ya GIF by Rodney Dangerfield
I tell ya, we don’t get no respect. 

We shouldn’t until we actually start winning on the field. I would rather USF be invited due to the winning than just because of all our other advantages. Can you imagine the backlash USF & ACC would be getting right now if we were being invited? This gives USF time to build their resume. ACC is now going to be stronger & more stable so USF should be ready by the time FSU leaves. Or if ACC raids big 12 for Kansas, TCU & Baylor. That would open the door for them to expand east to help out their island teams WVU/Cincy & UCF

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  416
  • Days Won:  2

My honest take on what this does for your chances, it's not as bad as you think. It means you won't get into the ACC during this round but that honestly didn't seem like an option. They're trying to keep pace with the Big 12 so I'm surprised SMU is even in the mix. 

But the reason I see this as a positive for y'all is that it protects the ACC for next round. It's not gonna stop the top of the ACC from leaving, but it keeps the remaining core stronger. If you're left too weak after a raid, the vultures come down on you. In the ACC's case that would mean the Pitt and Louisville type teams leaving for the Big 12 instead of staying and trying to build back up. I don't think the ACC will be able to raid from the Big 12, but this will stop it from getting raided by them too.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I agree with neglecting athletics to advance academics by Judy was terrible for the program. Firing Jim was the worst move for USf Football because he was USF Football and still is the face of it. I am just saying we could have won several games with decent coaching last year. If we had a average coach there were easily 3 wins on the table to take and probably more.

Academics AAU status will probably be the reason USF stays above FAU for ACC candidacy 

• Crying 1

1 minute ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

My honest take on what this does for your chances, it's not as bad as you think. It means you won't get into the ACC during this round but that honestly didn't seem like an option. They're trying to keep pace with the Big 12 so I'm surprised SMU is even in the mix. 

But the reason I see this as a positive for y'all is that it protects the ACC for next round. It's not gonna stop the top of the ACC from leaving, but it keeps the remaining core stronger. If you're left too weak after a raid, the vultures come down on you. In the ACC's case that would mean the Pitt and Louisville type teams leaving for the Big 12 instead of staying and trying to build back up. I don't think the ACC will be able to raid from the Big 12, but this will stop it from getting raided by them too.

Well said. Either USF eventually ends up in ACC or big 12 depending on if or who loses teams. Gives USF a chance to win on the field instead of being invited as a loser so I see it as a win win for all 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

Interesting note ... Tampa Bay, the #13 overall media market, is the number 6 TV market when looking at households that "like" college football.    (This should answer the "Why would [conference] invite USF?" question)

image.png.f32f68e0d95d60406412078e590e55fe.png

SOURCE:

0058889-vxif-1280x720.jpg
SICEM365.COM

Television markets impact conference realignment a lot. Inside we analyze a few key scenarios and also have an interactive map for you to explore!

• Upvote 1

Let’s say that PAC deai goes through. That would of sucked for a lot of USF’s sports programs. Not even sure PAC had womens LAX. We know ACC has it though 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  416
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, Bull Matrix said:

Well said. Either USF eventually ends up in ACC or big 12 depending on if or who loses teams. Gives USF a chance to win on the field instead of being invited as a loser so I see it as a win win for all 

Exactly. You want both of them to stay in tact so one is guaranteed to send an invite. Because if one is too weak, the other will want to solidify themselves as #3 and cannibalize the other. So the leftovers of #4 would want to backfill but the resulting conference would be AAC+ at best.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

5 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Interesting note ... Tampa Bay, the #13 overall media market, is the number 6 TV market when looking at households that "like" college football.    (This should answer the "Why would [conference] invite USF?" question)

image.png.f32f68e0d95d60406412078e590e55fe.png

SOURCE:

0058889-vxif-1280x720.jpg
SICEM365.COM

Television markets impact conference realignment a lot. Inside we analyze a few key scenarios and also have an interactive map for you to explore!

TB likes the SEC

• Like 1