• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

If we back out, we should shut-r-down.

Imagine the rug pull that would be…backing out of the OCS that is. It does feel like a Hail Mary at this point so I wouldn’t be shocked based on what appears to be happening in CFB. 

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,241
  • Days Won:  0

If we don't get an acc invite we absolutely should cancel the stadium build and fold the program. We played our hand wrong, just take the L and move on. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, Rex Havoc said:

I hope we don’t get left out of expansion again. I’m trying to stay optimistic, but it’s getting harder. 

Prepare yourself.

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,001
  • Days Won:  2

I just keep thinking back to the summer 2021 CFP meeting where the group celebrated the 12-team idea. So much talk about shared sacrifice and doing what was best for all. Within two years, they’ve ripped each other to shreds, and the TX/OU move kicked off all the distrust.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, Cat941 said:
I just keep thinking back to the summer 2021 CFP meeting where the group celebrated the 12-team idea. So much talk about shared sacrifice and doing what was best for all. Within two years, they’ve ripped each other to shreds, and the TX/OU move kicked off all the distrust.

They are really just sacrificing the rest of FBS football for the dollar sign.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,001
  • Days Won:  2

Pac-12 bowls seeking new conference tie-ins, starting in 2024, sources told . With leagues expanding to 16 teams, some bowls may feature 2 teams from same conference if they didn't play in regular season, source said

I heard SDSU wanted to merge the all of MWC, AAC, and pac4 to form a new super conference with teams in almost ever major market. It failed obviously.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

It seems to like all of the realignment vis-a-vis USF relies completely on a galaxy of stars lining up and USF being the last kid picked because we are in fact the last kid.

It's unfortunate, but maybe that's our lot in life. Just the way things shake out that we're not a real value-added commodity at this point in history. What happens, after this round of realignment, if we are still right where we are today, in the AAC? 'cause if I had to put money on it, that's where my chips would be. I'm thinking that, all said and done, we're in the AAC for the foreseeable future. All I've seen thus far is P5 (soon to be Autonomous Four) shuffling around at their level - no outreach or expanding outside their strata. No real reason to. 🤔

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I heard SDSU wanted to merge the all of MWC, AAC, and pac4 to form a new super conference with teams in almost ever major market. It failed obviously.

And people want us to feel sorry for what has happened to the PAC?? Hell no .  The snobbery of a the P5 is something that will never be forgotten or should be tolerated. Where were the people calling for sympathy when the big east fell apart?? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

And people want us to feel sorry for what has happened to the PAC?? Hell no .  The snobbery of a the P5 is something that will never be forgotten or should be tolerated. Where were the people calling for sympathy when the big east fell apart?? 

I say go to a regional super conferences made up with all the FBS same state or bordering state teams. Top 2 teams from each 6-8 conferences go to the single elimination tournament You could still have four out of conference games with rivals not in conference if you want. Top top 2 teams in each conference win the most and you earn less based off your results. You can earn extra money for your school and conference by winning bowl games and national championships. So you can move up and down in payment based on performance similar to European soccer leagues.

Edited by Outlaw