• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, Southbull said:

renegotiate the playoff slots and keep them all for themselves.

Would that be so bad? Really, just think about it for a second. What do we really want to watch (and wager on)? Is it the best of the best? Or do we get some warm fuzzy feeling when the throw-the-dog-a-bone team suits up, all in the interest of 'fairness'? Trust me, nobody wants a fair fight. I want to be bigger, faster, stronger, and meaner than my opponent (Georgia 65 - TCU 7). On the field and at the negotiating table. How long (don't answer out loud, just think of how you would answer) before U of SF is part of the playoff conversation? I think this current round of realignment will reshape the playoff configuration, especially if the P5 is P5-1 on game day. Gotta reword a few paragraphs. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

6 minutes ago, Brad said:

Now we know who ****** with our dominos.

Looks like he basically saw McMurphy's post and switched a few words up.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  336
  • Days Won:  0

It is amazing to me how inept Michael Kelly is. Kelly was hired primarily based on his alleged great relationships with the ACC. Kelly was supposed to make in roads in getting us into a Power 5 conference but has failed miserably.

Yet all this expansion talk with teams going everywhere and yet no discussion about USF. Why is USF always left out like a loser!

The AAU status is not a factor in any of this as we are not getting into Big 10. AAU status is highly overrated in expansion.

just amazing to me how inept USF Athletics and Michael Kelly is with everything!

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

CFP commissioners are scheduled to meet in Dallas in late August in a previously scheduled gathering in which the topic is expected to arise. The CFP is in the 10th year of a 12-year contract with ESPN. Last year, executives voted to change the format from a four-team to a 12-team playoff starting in 2024, with six automatic qualifiers and six at-large spots (6+6). In the approved format, playoff spots go to the six highest-ranked conference champions and the next six highest-ranked teams.

If the Pac-12 fails to re-generate, the belief among many is that the format needs tweaking. Three commissioners suggested subtracting an automatic qualifier and adding an at-large spot — a 5AQ + 7AL model (5+7). There are plenty of other options, such as granting no automatic qualifiers. In such a format, the 12 highest-ranked teams would get a spot.

“Does the playoff need to drop from 12 to eight?” asks one official, adding another potential option to the list.

See, gotta tweak that playoff formula now that one of "our" six may not retain Platinum status! :smileys-money-909335:

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

It is amazing to me how inept Michael Kelly is. Kelly was hired primarily based on his alleged great relationships with the ACC. Kelly was supposed to make in roads in getting us into a Power 5 conference but has failed miserably.

Yet all this expansion talk with teams going everywhere and yet no discussion about USF. Why is USF always left out like a loser!

The AAU status is not a factor in any of this as we are not getting into Big 10. AAU status is highly overrated in expansion.

just amazing to me how inept USF Athletics and Michael Kelly is with everything!

Marty Deeks Facts GIF by ION

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

3 minutes ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

It is not over yet. Plenty of movements coming. We will probably hear FSU announce they are leaving within a week. Then I believe we will hear more USF to ACC chatter..

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,001
  • Days Won:  2

10 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

It is not over yet. Plenty of movements coming. We will probably hear FSU announce they are leaving within a week. Then I believe we will hear more USF to ACC chatter..

I am expecting less movement.  FSU has a really good thing going in the ACC.  They must see what is happening around CFB and realize how lucky they are.   There are actual peer institutions in the PAC that may be relegated.  I think they may be appeased with the success incentives and if they get a little more $$ by adding PAC members.  The BIG isn't coming to FL yet.  Have to hope no more FL schools are invited to AAU.  Then maybe down the line the BIG will try to get into FL and give us a look.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

2 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

I am expecting less movement.  FSU has a really good thing going in the ACC.  They must see what is happening around CFB and realize how lucky they are.   There are actual peer institutions in the PAC that may be relegated.  I think they may be appeased with the success incentives and if they get a little more $$ by adding PAC members.  The BIG isn't coming to FL yet.  Have to hope no more FL schools are invited to AAU.  Then maybe down the line the BIG will try to get into FL and give us a look.

No Way Mac GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

11 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

From what I have noticed. Basically the FSU/ACC relationship is on life support. They have already said too much and it tells me they already probably have an invite from the SEC or Big Ten that will soon be announced 

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,001
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

From what I have noticed. Basically the FSU/ACC relationship is on life support. They have already said too much and it tells me they already probably have an invite from the SEC or Big Ten that will soon be announced 

That would work for me.  We shall see.