• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

5 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

Now, when you say 'believe'...you're not using that synonymously with 'hope', right? 🤨

I would be shocked if USF doesn’t end up in the ACC. Too many connections between both parties right now. Plus I am sure most of them remember USF kicking their tail all over the football fields 

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

Regional Rivalries: yeah, those were good days. But this is a bottom-line business, and we can't afford to factor in, or give as much weight as we used to, to the athletes or fans. That ship has sailed, at least as far as football is concerned. If you're gonna triple my take to forsake a rivalry, gotta decide which matters more. Would I look like an idiot to stay on a sinking ship? What if I just said I had some sort of duty to maximize returns, would that make me look bad? Maybe...short term. But once the games get played a lot of the angst will dissipate. Our rabid fans will embrace the new product. Not saying it's a finished product...just that it's the new product. Might have to schedule a realignment release V2.0.1 down the road. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  1

37 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

Navy plays football in the AAC but all other sports in various conferences, much like Wichita State being a member of the AAC - just no football team.  Again, the only value to going with the PAC 2.0 would be if somehow that new conference held onto the auto-bid playoff (as configured for a 12-team playoff) spot. Kind of like a low-rent way of a seat at the Big People's Table without the risk of having to play a real P5 (P(x) - however you wish to identify the conglomerate) schedule week in and week out. 

I wonder which AAC schools would be of interest:FIREdevil:

This is exactly what came to my mind as well. However how long until it ends up going the way of the big east? On the other hand I sure enjoyed each and every minute of that Big East run so **** it this would be awesome 😎

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

6 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

I would be shocked if USF doesn’t end up in the ACC. Too many connections between both parties right now. Plus I am sure most of them remember USF kicking their tail all over the football fields 

Prepare to be shocked 

• Haha 1
  • Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  17
  • Days Won:  0

Here is my prediction: The next thing the P2 Conferences will try and pull off will be to renegotiate the playoff slots and keep them all for themselves. 

Edited by Southbull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,001
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, Southbull said:

Here is my prediction: The next thing the P2 Conferences will try and pull off will be to renegotiate the playoff slots and keep them all got themselves. 

What can the G5 do to stop 'em?  CFB fans are accepting the consolidation since we're helpless to stop it. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

11 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

What can the G5 do to stop 'em?  CFB fans are accepting the consolidation since we're helpless to stop it. 

I would think the P2 would have to exit from the NCAA as I doubt they will take away the crumbs from G6 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Now we know who ****** with our dominos.

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,001
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, Bull Matrix said:

I would think the P2 would have to exit from the NCAA as I doubt they will take away the crumbs from G6 

178745d0-3549-11ee-bf3e-22412bf06965
SPORTS.YAHOO.COM

With potential implications extending all the way to the College Football Playoff, here's how sideways college sports is at the moment.

The revenue-distribution model is another question mark. Officials have finalized a new model for 2024 and 2025. While the model features a similar base distribution to conferences as it has had in the past, it also distributes additional revenue to conferences based on the number of teams that participate in each round.

With the Big Ten growing by two and four others joining the Big 12, how does that model change?

“One fewer Power Five conferences means more money for the other four,” says one Power Five athletic director, “but how exactly do you distribute it?”

• Haha 1