• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

1 minute ago, Mike Stuben said:

You could make a conference work with 12 schools. 6 west 6 east. Just limit the play between the 2 divisions. 

Cal 

Stanford

Oregon State

WSU

Oregon (or whoever)

Washington (or whoever)

SMU

Memphis

UConn

USF

Tulane

ECU (or whoever)

Your Olympic teams make 1 trip west, and play 2 of the schools, they host 2 of the schools, when they make their trip east. Then everyone meets in the conference tournaments, which each rotate east and west. 

I like it or something similar.

Btw, imagine being a UConn fan today. It started with Arizona staying in Pac-12 and UConn getting an invite to the Big 12... suckers!

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,002
  • Days Won:  2

Well, if I had my choice, take the best of the PAC leftovers out west.  Add SDSU and SMU I guess.  Have an eastern pod with USF, Tulane and others.  

2 minutes ago, hm101 said:

edit duplicate post. 

Look for pac 12 to die or merge w mwc. 

Merge with AAC?

Not ideal.

Unlikely the Pac-12 merges with MWC IMHO. More likely to merge with ACC, but the timing would have to be right. If the ACC stabilizes, I'd expect the Pac-12 to do the smart thing and become a national conference, like the Big 12. 

Then again, despite the eggheads at Stanford and Cal, I have zero confidence that any kind of bold or strategically smart vision will come out of this experience.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  416

3 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Unlikely the Pac-12 merges with MWC IMHO. More likely to merge with ACC, but the timing would have to be right. If the ACC stabilizes, I'd expect the Pac-12 to do the smart thing and become a national conference, like the Big 12. 

Then again, despite the eggheads at Stanford and Cal, I have zero confidence that any kind of bold or strategically smart vision will come out of this experience.

Baring any last minute surprises, OrWa leaving all but guarantees the AZ schools and Utah to the Big 12, leaving only a PAC 4. Stanford and Cal are ACC type schools, Oregon State and WSU? Not so much. Those are MWC schools.

I don't have the time or patience for this.  Clock is ticking and I'm getting old.  Hope is not a strategy.   But here I sit hoping as I'm not able to do much else.  

Edited by Cat941
ETA

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

I blame dion for all of this 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

Baring any last minute surprises, OrWa leaving all but guarantees the AZ schools and Utah to the Big 12, leaving only a PAC 4. Stanford and Cal are ACC type schools, Oregon State and WSU? Not so much. Those are MWC schools.

OSU and WSU are going to do everything they can to stick to Stanford and Cal. They could even organize a new conference, with the best available options still on the board (SMU, SDSU, Tulane, USF, Memphis, others?).

Call realignment szn whatever you want, but don't call it boring!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

6 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

Exactly.

And the ACC is not going to add just those two schools.  Plus those two schools would not make the ACC worth 50-60M per school.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

ORWA hit the lottery if true.  The teams relegated to other conferences are somewhat reluctantly going.  Can they be good additions? Sure but might take a step back in performance.  Look at former Big East teams.  

2 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Exactly.

And the ACC is not going to add just those two schools.  Plus those two schools would not make the ACC worth 50-60M per school.

Agreed. But the Stanford and Cal brands are too good to get relegated to the MWC. Seems to me the best solution is to form a new two-division (west and east) conference with the best remaining options. Second best solution is to create a new conference using just western teams.