• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

45 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Double 0 Bull? Yea, this is baittttt.

No not bait. Just seems about as weak as you can get making excuses about why USF is somehow above playing UCF. Yes their fans are obnoxious but I’m betting a fair share of USF fans were equally obnoxious when USF ran up to #2 in the polls and was owning UCF annually. Now because UCF is eating USFs lunch some of you want to take your ball and go home. Like I said it’s not a good look.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

3 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

No not bait. Just seems about as weak as you can get making excuses about why USF is somehow above playing UCF. Yes their fans are obnoxious but I’m betting a fair share of USF fans were equally obnoxious when USF ran up to #2 in the polls and was owning UCF annually. Now because UCF is eating USFs lunch some of you want to take your ball and go home. Like I said it’s not a good look.

Been thinking about this one.  What makes a rivalry is a hatred.  Not only do you want to beat your rival, you want them to lose every game.  You want them to fail almost as much as you want your team to succeed, and you hate to see them win anything.  That’s my definition, and as much as I want to say that I’m indifferent about central or I don’t care either way…it’s simply not true.  I revel in their misery.   So I guess by that definition, I will always consider it a rivalry.  Not asking people to agree with me, I’m just facing facts.  There is no other school I’d rather beat down in every sport every year.  Yes, I want to play them again and beat them.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, MaltLiquorBull said:

Been thinking about this one.  What makes a rivalry is a hatred.  Not only do you want to beat your rival, you want them to lose every game.  You want them to fail almost as much as you want your team to succeed, and you hate to see them win anything.  That’s my definition, and as much as I want to say that I’m indifferent about central or I don’t care either way…it’s simply not true.  I revel in their misery.   So I guess by that definition, I will always consider it a rivalry.  Not asking people to agree with me, I’m just facing facts.  There is no other school I’d rather beat down in every sport every year.  Yes, I want to play them again and beat them.

Facts. Two favorite teams: USF and whoever is playing UCF.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

27 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

No not bait. Just seems about as weak as you can get making excuses about why USF is somehow above playing UCF.

Are there really many, if any, saying USF is above playing them?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

31 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

That’s my definition, and as much as I want to say that I’m indifferent about central or I don’t care either way…it’s simply not true.  I revel in their misery.   So I guess by that definition, I will always consider it a rivalry.

The indifference is similar to mine, except I don't know if they win or lose except the week they're on our schedule.  However, for about the last 40 years I have enjoyed every loss, downturn and unfortunate event bestowed upon UF.  So if "hate" is the driver.  I'll take the Gators.  See, we have a problem.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

21 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Been thinking about this one.  What makes a rivalry is a hatred.

I guess it is different things to different people. The first thing that makes a rivalry, to me anyway, is actually playing games against each other. My hatred goes back to before we played them, when they infested this board like roaches ..... I couldn't give a **** if we ever played them then ..... and couldn't care less that we're not having to put up with their ******* now.

And I was going to mention about hate, rivalry and UF but Brad covered that nicely.

This has been covered many times, the sense of rivalry came in games with Louisville and West Virginia, probably more than any other team.   That was more respect, especially Louisville, than hate.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

Sooo did we get an invite to another conference yet?

We're waiting on the text Twitter screenshot to appear....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

We're waiting on the text Twitter screenshot to appear....

Ahhh fair enough. Carry on. **** UCF

Edited by Sk00b
  • Go Bulls! 1