• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  27
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

A few problems with your interpretation: 1) without the second contract the schools are receiving exactly nothing which would make it a not valid contract, the only consideration on that side is the ESPN contract 2) it specifically calls out that the only things that it covers are the things of that specific named and dated contract and anything outside of it is not included , if the contract doesn’t exist anymore there is nothing covered by it anymore 3) If anyone new is added the teams have not made any reciprocal agreements with them so they would either unfairly not be bound or you would need everyone to agree again to bind themselves to them 4) the last time the espn agreement was amended the GOR was amended which certainly speaks to that most people in the contract believe a new espn contract requires a new GOR.

Not an interpretation, the GoR only applies to each school’s TV rights being owned by the ACC until 2036. That’s it. Has nothing to do with ESPN. ESPN cannot touch the ACC’s Grant of Rights or has any part of the GoR. The TV contract is totally 100% separate and has its own buyout clause. On top of those two penalties, there’s also a $120 million exit fee that has nothing to do with the TV contract.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

5 hours ago, Eric Ruby said:

I actually think the Big 12 will be USF’s landing spot, even if the Big12 lands some PAC12 schools. The alumni base combined and market combo of Orlando/Tampa is something the Big12 seriously researched. The attention has been on the PAC12 vs Big12. But there’s TV value with USF/UCF that cannot be ignored by TV. UCF is alone on an island and more east coast games are definitely a big plus. It doesn’t hurt having a passionate rivalry game on the docket either. I don’t know when, but USF could possibly be invited next summer and start playing by the 2025 season. Brett Yormark will be working with the networks big time throughout the year and working on a new deal next summer. If USF gets in the Big12, you hope the ACC GoR lasts thru 2036. Buys time to grow in a P5 or P4 or whatever it’ll be, with FSU and Miami basically making the same $$. When 2036 comes, it will be a crazy time. Way more crazy than even now.

The USF/UCF match ups are a good point. But If I were USF I would not schedule again unless we end up in same conference. Why give up any leverage?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Eric Ruby said:

Not an interpretation, the GoR only applies to each school’s TV rights being owned by the ACC until 2036. That’s it. Has nothing to do with ESPN. ESPN cannot touch the ACC’s Grant of Rights or has any part of the GoR. The TV contract is totally 100% separate and has its own buyout clause. On top of those two penalties, there’s also a $120 million exit fee that has nothing to do with the TV contract.

It says word for word that it only covers the rights that would be covered in that contract, there isn’t anything to interpret if the named contract changes there is nothing granted. In an otherwise pretty undefined contract that is clear and repeated.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

5 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

The USF/UCF match ups are a good point. But If I were USF I would not schedule again unless we end up in same conference. Why give up any leverage?

Leverage?  They have the leverage, not us.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,846
  • Days Won:  22

14 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

You want to keep playing to show competitiveness and the tv value of the game. With that said wouldn’t be surprised if they decide not to play us for awhile 

• Content Count:  8
  • Days Won:  1

18 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Since when has the big 12 been able to convince any P4 to join their sinking ship? 

Since the PAC lost USC, UCLA, and the Big 10 is intentionally toying with taking more.

The Big 12, for the first time in over 12 years, isn’t the most unstable P5. Schools don’t go to high risk setups. Pac10 is extreme risk.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,846
  • Days Won:  22

1 minute ago, FanFromAfar said:

Since the PAC lost USC, UCLA, and the Big 10 is intentionally toying with taking more.

The Big 12, for the first time in over 12 years, isn’t the most unstable P5. Schools don’t go to high risk setups. Pac10 is extreme risk.

The PAC is only at risk because of BigTen and because it has more valuable members than the Big12.

Bottomline if the BigTen doesn’t add anyone for now, you can expect neither one to poach the other. And in next two years we will get to see what each tv contract it’s worth. I predict they are both going to be similar.

12 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Leverage?  They have the leverage, not us.

Actually if you recall during the Leavitt years it was USF looking well beyond UCiF. It was UCF wanting to have USF on their schedules not USF wanting to play UCF. Why did we give up that leverage again? Im gonna be honest, I never considered UCF a rival. Just some annoying gnats. USF needs to get back to the Leavitt mindset. USF has been and will always live in UCF’s heads rent free.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

The PAC is only at risk because of BigTen and because it has more valuable members than the Big12.

Bottomline if the BigTen doesn’t add anyone for now, you can expect neither one to poach the other. And in next two years we will get to see what each tv contract it’s worth. I predict they are both going to be similar.

Exactly. Big Ten won’t be adding more PAC12 schools anytime soon. I don’t see PAC 12 schools leaving the Oregon/Nike money train.  PAC 12 still has that anchor school and Rose Bowl while the Big 12 has no anchor schools left after Texas & OU head to SEC.

• Content Count:  27
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Cubanbull said:

You want to keep playing to show competitiveness and the tv value of the game. With that said wouldn’t be surprised if they decide not to play us for awhile 

I don’t think UCF would decline that game. It’d be nice to have a game within driving distance. It’s also way better than FCS or CUSA opponents and will sell tickets, too. I think USF’s OOC is booked until 2028. Another issue is that the Big 12  will be playing 9 conference games leaving UCF with only 3 non-conference.